Diesel Fitter – Underground
- Attractive hourly rate
- 7/7 Roster
- FIFO from Townsville, Brisbane or Cairns
Operating since 1962, The Redpath Group provides technical and operational expertise to the mining industry globally, with a reputation for providing innovative solutions utilizing modern technology.
About the role
Based at Cannington Project, the position is based on an 7 /7 rotating roster with FIFO available from Townsville, Brisbane or Cairns.
In this role you will carry out general mechanical work including repairs, attending breakdowns and service work in a workshop and underground environment to heavy mobile equipment.
- Maintain heavy mobile equipment
- Ensure compliance with site requirements
- Conduct fault finding and repairs.
Skills & Experience
- Heavy duty diesel fitter/mechanic trade qualifications
- Experience working with either; hardrock underground/heavy duty mobile equipment, specifically Tamrock or Sandvik Jumbo’s; or Surface ROM equipment specifically CAT Trucks and Loaders, or fixed Crushing Plant.
- Strong fault finding and diagnostic skills
- Basic Auto electronic knowledge
- Ability to pass a police clearance and pre-employment medical
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision
- A safety approach in keeping with Redpath’s motto Safety – First, Last and Always.
A competitive pay rate is on offer for the successful candidate. Redpath is the type of company where you can sink your teeth into a challenging role, get hands on experience and receive learning & development opportunities with experienced personnel.
NOTE: When you apply for this job Underground Diesel Fitters, take a look at your current resume and cover letter. Always match the first page of your resume to details of the job. Search the job ad for keywords and add them into your resume because if you don’t, your application may be scanned and rejected before it even gets read by a human.
How to apply
To apply, click on the “Apply Now” prompt quoting the reference number 0910-2545-FIT