See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Community Relations Specialist – Dawson Mine Moura QLD
ANGLO AMERICAN’s METALLURGICAL COAL BUSINESS
The company exists to make a real difference for everyone whose lives we touch. They mine the materials that make modern life possible, in ways that are safer, smarter and more responsible. Anglo American has operated in Australia since 2000 and there portfolio includes thermal and metallurgical coal across five mines, both open-cut and underground.
There people are at the heart of their business. It is there people who use the latest technologies to find new resources, plan and build our mines and who mine, process and move and market their products to customers around the world.
Underground Coal Mining Specialist Dawson Mine Moura QLD
As a newly developed role, this is a rare opportunity to provide strategic leadership of community and stakeholder relations activities for one of Australia’s major mining operations. As Anglo American’s frontline representative in the community, this is a real chance to make a real difference.
Based in Moura, you will be reporting to the Safety & HR Manager, this role is a key influencing role with clear impact on the local and surrounding communities. Primarily an externally focused role that interacts directly with community members, key stakeholders, site leadership teams and other site-based roles, this role will be responsible for the development and delivery of key social performance initiatives that directly contribute to our social license to operate.
- Implement Anglo American’s social performance management framework and ensure compliance
- Proactively engage key stakeholders to identify shared priorities and collaborate to deliver exceptional outcomes
- Administer the Site Social Initiatives & Donations program
- Coordinate Anglo American site’s community communications
- Develop sustainable relationships with all external stakeholders, including communities, landowners, indigenous community representatives and government officials
- Liaise with Anglo American site’s environment staff to support land management activities
- General project management duties, including budgeting, cost control and reporting
- Professional experience in similar community relations / communications or client-service roles
- Experience in working with rural and mining stakeholders and communities
- Frontline experience in local stakeholder relationship management, preferably with primary producers
- Capability to identify and manage operational compliance with legislation, licenses and land access agreements (including native title)
- Responsibility for collaborative initiatives that support prioritized employment, training and procurement outcomes for shared organizational and community/stakeholder benefit.
You will bring:
- First and foremost, a passion for people, communities and collaboration
- Outstanding communication and relationship-building expertise
- A demonstrated skillset for developing and implementing operational strategies
- Heightened political and community nous.
- A personable individual that engages all stakeholders
- Professional in all aspects of your work
- Thrives on accountability and responsibility in an autonomous work environment
- Highly flexible and able to proactively manage competing priorities
- Methodical in record-keeping and compliance monitoring
As well as a very competitive salary package and subsidized housing, we will continue to offer training and development opportunities to the successful candidate. If you have an ambition to work for Anglo American and a personal commitment to partner with key community stakeholders in delivering our social investment strategy, apply now.
They strive to create an inclusive environment for all employees. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply for all vacant positions www.angloamerican.com.au
Please note, Anglo American Metallurgical Coal, business unit does not accept applications from Recruitment Agencies.
How to apply
If you feel you meet the above requirements, are keen to take on a new and exciting opportunity, and work for an employer that is committed to supporting your career then APPLY NOW.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for Underground Coal Mining Specialist Dawson Mine Moura QLD