Mining Coordinator – Lake Vermont
With a global business, they offer diverse and rewarding careers. They are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential.
Join their team of industry leaders – because your skills, knowledge and experience will make a difference to the benefit of their clients, communities and project partners.
The Lake Vermont Coal Project is situated in Dysart, North Queensland.
With a history since 1934, Thiess is the world’s largest mining services provider. They offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities in leading commodities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Every day, they optimize the mining life-cycle to create lasting value.
About the role
As next Mining Coordinator reporting to the Mining Supervisor, you will work collaboratively towards delivering high-quality production solutions and results within the mine site. The role also requires you to effectively manage the mining operational personnel and ensure the timely execution of the mine plan is completed in a safe and efficient manner.
This role is a permanent position that will see you working 12.5 hour day shifts and 10.5 hour night shifts on a 7/7 Roster (Wednesday – Tuesday); full camp facilities are available and bus transportation is provided from Mackay or Rockhampton to the Dysart Camp.
In this role, your responsibilities will include:
- Directly supervise a mining crew to ensure that the delivery of production results are carried out in a safe and efficient manner.
- Conduct mining practices to reduce costs and improve efficiency.
- Actively seek continuous improvement.
- Co-ordination of dispatch personnel and crew allocations.
- Carry out effective inspection and reporting processes.
- Provide appropriate training practices for mining crews.
Role Requirements as a Mining Coordinator at Lake Vermont:
- Previous open-cut coal mining experience in the same or similar role.
- Demonstrable operating proficiency with large mining equipment; 250t – 600t Excavators and ultra class haul trucks.
- A solid understanding of the processes involved with open cut coal mining.
- Good organizational, communication and presentation skills coupled with approachable and motivational qualities.
- Proven leadership experience.
- Qualifications that support your experience and success within the coal mining industry.
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Current Coal Board Medical and Standard 11 *Standard 11 Training*.
- Current S1, S2, S3 and G2 Competency Certificate.
Commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce
They recognize the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through vision: everyone matters always.
Through this vision, they will build a community where respect, value and thoughtfulness toward each person will underpin their ability to bring their full self to work because here they will be empowered, safe and included.
How to apply
This role is an opportunity to make the next step in your career. With their culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment there is no better time to join Thiess.Apply for Experienced Underground Coal Mining Coordinator Lake Vermont QLD
Standard 11 Mining Induction
The Standard 11 is a course that provides skill and knowledge required for working in surface coal mines under the QLD Mining Inspectorate Recognised Standard 11.
If your job means you must access a Queensland coal mine site - you'll need a Standard 11.
The Standard 11 covers essential safety training designed to keep you and other workers safe from injury and harm when working on site.
You can book your course online and we will find a training provider close to your location - we do all the work for you.