If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.Mackay & Coalfields, Queensland location.
This is a Bowen Basin job located in the Mackay & Coalfields area. Do you live close to this location, or are you willing to FIFO from within Queensland?
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
ERZ Controller Coal Mining Development Works
- Offering up to 2 years + ongoing work
- Camp + Meals provided for crews on 7/7 roster
- Competitive Salary + Cutting Bonus
- Immediate Start
- North Goonyella, Bowen Basin QLD
Mastermyne Group has been awarded a new Development contract working at Peabody’s North Goonyella mine. They will be mobilizing a high number of personnel for this contract including highly qualified and experienced Deputies who show strong leadership in risk management and safety behaviours and a driven productivity focus.
Candidates will be shortlisted against the criteria detailed below, with successful applicants invited to an Assessment Center located in either in Brisbane, Mackay and/or Moranbah. Dates yet to be decided.
The minimum requirements for these positions include:
- Extensive UG coal experience with a focus on Development work
- Tickets inc. Joy miner, roadheader, shuttle car, miner bolter, LHDs, driftrunner
- Current QLD Coal Board Medical
- Current UG Generic Induction Statement of Attainment
- Signed copies of your training transcripts and/or authorizations
- Valid Driver’s License
- Australian Recognized Trade Qualification if applying for Trades roles
- Relevant Supervisory Certificates for supervisory roles.
Mastermyne is an employer with non-negotiable safety standards. They have an expectation that every employee seeks to add value to there clients and takes pride in performing work to an excellent standard. Additional benefits offered including group income protection, personal development and salary packaging bolster the value you can gain from working as part of the Mastermyne crew.
Apply online or for more information, please contact the HR Team on 07 4963 0400.
Values: Safety Always | Proactive & Passionate | Delivering Customer Excellence | Innovation & Continuous Improvement. Extensive experience in a similar role
How to apply
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Submit an application for this position, use the Apply button below.Apply for Underground Coal ERZ Controller Development – Bowen Basin QLD
About the Bowen Basin mining region, Queensland.
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers a total area of over 60,000 square kilometres and is located in Central Queensland; running from Collinsville to Theodore. The entire region is home to many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list