Trainee Underground Mining Job – Diamond Drillers Offsiders
MineSet Recruitment Pty Ltd provides a range of specialist recruitment solutions to the underground mining industry. With a foundation built on experience, MineSet Recruitment is able to offer a high level of service & mining recruitment expertise that exceeds industry standards.
With no previous mining experience necessary, this is a fantastic opportunity for the right enthusiastic candidates who reside in the Cairns or North Queensland area to be fully trained as Underground Drillers Offsider’s.
Candidates recruiting for will be required the following:
- A minimum of 3+ years experience in a job that has involved heavy manual/physical work or have trade qualifications
- A positive attitude
- The ability to perform physically demanding work safely
- The willingness to learn and be able to follow instructions
- The ability & stamina to work 12 hour days in challenging conditions
- No problem working in an underground mine environment.
These roles will offer the successful candidates:
- 2 weeks on/2 weeks off rosters
- Camp accommodation
- Transport from Cairns to site provided
- Excellent pay rate for entry level
- Permanent role after qualifying period
- Full on the job training.
Position with MineSet Recruitment you will be required to:
- Pass an indepth pre-employment medical including a drug & alcohol screen;
- Reside in the North Queensland area – No flights are provided;
- Have a current National Police Clearance; (within 6 months old)
- Be an Australian Permanent Resident;
- Hold a current, unrestricted Australian Drivers Licence and be able to drive a manual vehicle;
- Be able to start immediately;
- Be over 18 years old;
- Work well within a team environment.
If you feel you have the required skills and are looking to join a professional team, please apply online now with an up to date CV.
All applications are treated in the strictest of confidence and your details will not be forwarded to the company without gaining your prior consent. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contain.
If the above role appeals to you APPLY today!
This is an excellent opportunity for you to advance your career with a leading mining contractor. To apply for this role please follow the link below.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 *Standard 11 Training*Apply for Trainee Underground Mining Diamond Drillers Offsiders QLD
Learn more about the Bowen Basin mining location.
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Caterpillar Haul truck 793
The 793F has a load cpacityof 226.8 ton (US) and a top speed of 60 kilometres an hour. It's a turbocharged air-to-air aftercooled diesel engine that has enhanced power management capability for maximum hauling performance. The C175-16 is a 16-cylinder, four-stroke design that uses long, effective power strokes for optimum efficiency.
The 793F, is an autonomous-driven truck. Over 100 793F trucks are now operating via Command for hauling, the Cat autonomous truck operations system, which is a part of Cat MineStar™
Read more about the CAT 793 automomous mining dump truck on our website.
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.