If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure what this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Trainee Underground Mining Job – Diamond Drillers Offsiders
MineSet Recruitment Pty Ltd provides a range of specialist recruitment solutions to the underground mining industry. With a foundation built on experience, MineSet Recruitment is able to offer a high level of service & mining recruitment expertise that exceeds industry standards.
With no previous mining experience necessary, this is a fantastic opportunity for the right enthusiastic candidates who reside in the Cairns or North Queensland area to be fully trained as Underground Drillers Offsider’s.
Candidates recruiting for will be required the following:
- A minimum of 3+ years experience in a job that has involved heavy manual/physical work or have trade qualifications
- A positive attitude
- The ability to perform physically demanding work safely
- The willingness to learn and be able to follow instructions
- The ability & stamina to work 12 hour days in challenging conditions
- No problem working in an underground mine environment.
These roles will offer the successful candidates:
- 2 weeks on/2 weeks off rosters
- Camp accommodation
- Transport from Cairns to site provided
- Excellent pay rate for entry level
- Permanent role after qualifying period
- Full on the job training.
Position with MineSet Recruitment you will be required to:
- Pass an indepth pre-employment medical including a drug & alcohol screen;
- Reside in the North Queensland area – No flights are provided;
- Have a current National Police Clearance; (within 6 months old)
- Be an Australian Permanent Resident;
- Hold a current, unrestricted Australian Drivers Licence and be able to drive a manual vehicle;
- Be able to start immediately;
- Be over 18 years old;
- Work well within a team environment.
If you feel you have the required skills and are searching to join a professional team, please apply online now with an up to date CV.
All applications are treated in the strictest of confidence and your details will not be forwarded to the company without gaining your prior consent. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contain.
If the above role appeals to you APPLY today!
This is an excellent opportunity for you to advance your career with a leading mining contractor. To apply for this role please follow the link below.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for Trainee Underground Mining Diamond Drillers Offsiders QLD
Komatsu 830E Haul Truck
The Komatsu 830E is an ultra class dump truck used in Australian open pit mining operations an is designed and built in Peoria, Illinois by Komatsu America Corporation (parent company is the Japanese held company Komatsu Ltd.
The Komatsu 830E is a beast, with 231,000 kilogram capacity (255 short tons). Although this is a big truck, the 830E's load capacity is about 66% the capacity of the Liebherr T 282C and Caterpillar 797B.This is an electric truck and is being featured in many new mining operations as well established mines in WA and QLD.
The electric drive system is very different fromt the transmission/differential drive of traditional trucks. The diesel engine is connected to a GE traction alternator with high voltage cables transfering electricity to the two wheel motors at the rear of the truck.
Read more about the KOMATSU 830E mining dump truck on the Komatsu website