See more jobs in the Entry-Level Mining Jobs category.
Townsville Entry-Level Mining Jobs
Beginner Job for Underground Mining – FIFO from Townsville or DIDO Locally Mt Isa
Barminco are posting underground mining entry-level roles. These positions commence as an underground dump truck driver and have the opportunity to progress to other underground roles through structured training.
If you want to get a started in a mining career be sure to send over a resume ASAP!
The roster will be 2 weeks on and 1 week off fly in fly out from Townsville.
Minimum requirements for this entry-level job:
- Current Australian manual driver’s licence;
- National Police Clearance (within 3 months of issue);
- Rights to work in Australia;
- Clear ability to speak, read, write in fluent English;
- A proactive attitude toward safety and hazard identification;
- Ability to perform shift work and be away from home for two weeks at a time;
- Mechanically minded;
- Ability to complete a pre-employment medical including drug & alcohol screen;
- A positive work ethic in line with company vision and values.
- Availability to attend the assessment centre for their selection process.
Highly desirable for this underground mining role:
- Working at Heights Certificate.
- Previous experience in a labour intensive, physical role i.e. farming, trades, labourer;
Your positive attitude to safety and highly driven work ethic will see you as a much-valued employee. You will be rewarded with a competitive remuneration package and become a part of a strong team environment.
If you think you have the necessary skills and experience to be an asset to Barminco’s continued growth, you can register your interest by clicking on the ‘Apply Now’ button below.
About the mining company:
Barminco is part of the Perenti Group, an ASX 200 company and Australia’s second largest integrated mining services provider. They are a global leader in hard rock underground mining; together with African Underground Mining Services (AUMS) they operate in Australia, India and across Africa in Egypt, Ghana, Tanzania, Botswana and Burkina Faso. New projects will see Barminco and AUMS grow to over 4,500 employees in 2020.
Their values of Safety, Integrity and Excellence are the cornerstone of everything they do. Their purpose is to create value for mine owners and they are absolutely focused on delivering for their customers, with a vision to be the world’s leading hard rock underground mining services provider.
The collective capability of their people is critical to their success and they are searching for talented people who share their values and are as committed to creating value for their clients as they are.
** This job is no longer available, see our most recent mining jobs here.
Click Here to download our Expert Guide Becoming a Dump Truck Driver