If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Entry-Level Mining Jobs category.
Townsville Entry-Level Mining Jobs
Beginner Job for Underground Mining – FIFO from Townsville or DIDO Locally Mt Isa
Barminco are posting underground mining entry-level roles. These positions commence as an underground dump truck driver and have the opportunity to progress to other underground roles through structured training.
If you want to get a started in a mining career be sure to send over a resume ASAP!
The roster will be 2 weeks on and 1 week off fly in fly out from Townsville.
Minimum requirements for this entry-level job:
- Current Australian manual driver’s licence;
- National Police Clearance (within 3 months of issue);
- Rights to work in Australia;
- Clear ability to speak, read, write in fluent English;
- A proactive attitude toward safety and hazard identification;
- Ability to perform shift work and be away from home for two weeks at a time;
- Mechanically minded;
- Ability to complete a pre-employment medical including drug & alcohol screen;
- A positive work ethic in line with company vision and values.
- Availability to attend the assessment centre for their selection process.
Highly desirable for this underground mining role:
- Working at Heights Certificate.
- Previous experience in a labour intensive, physical role i.e. farming, trades, labourer;
Your positive attitude to safety and highly driven work ethic will see you as a much-valued employee. You will be rewarded with a competitive remuneration package and become a part of a strong team environment.
If you think you have the necessary skills and experience to be an asset to Barminco’s continued growth, you can register your interest by clicking on the ‘Apply Now’ button below.
About the mining company:
Barminco is part of the Perenti Group, an ASX 200 company and Australia’s second largest integrated mining services provider. They are a global leader in hard rock underground mining; together with African Underground Mining Services (AUMS) they operate in Australia, India and across Africa in Egypt, Ghana, Tanzania, Botswana and Burkina Faso. New projects will see Barminco and AUMS grow to over 4,500 employees in 2020.
Their values of Safety, Integrity and Excellence are the cornerstone of everything they do. Their purpose is to create value for mine owners and they are absolutely focused on delivering for their customers, with a vision to be the world’s leading hard rock underground mining services provider.
The collective capability of their people is critical to their success and they are searching for talented people who share their values and are as committed to creating value for their clients as they are.
** This job is no longer available, see our most recent mining jobs here.
Dump Truck Operator Salaries
How much do dump truck production operators earn in the mines?
Depending on where you live, or which state the mine is located in, as you can see from the information below, the salaries are very different. In Queensland and New South Wales, mining wages are pretty much the same for Dump Truck Operators. Working at a Western Australian mine you can expect to earn about 20% more than if you worked in QLD or NSW.
Dump truck operator jobs are advertised on SEEK and other mining jobs boards regularly.
According to online jobs website Indeed (au.indeed.com), the average salary for a Dump Truck Production Operator in Australia is $41.98 per hour. Salary estimates are based on 326 salaries submitted anonymously to Indeed by Dump Truck Drivers. The data was collected from past and present job ads on Indeed over the last 36 months.
Payscale.com Dump Truck Driver Pay Estimates
Looking at the salary of an entry-level Dump Truck Driver with less than 1 year experience, you can expect to earn an average hourly wage (includes bonus, and overtime pay) of AU$42 based on 24 pay reviews.
With so many different and conflicting articles about salaries, it's difficult to know what the exact take home pay is for a Dump Truck Operator.
Blackwater, Queensland Dump Truck Salaries +40%
According to Payscale.com, Dump Truck Operators in the Queensland Bowen Basin area of Blackwater, earn an average of 39.7% more than the national average. Dump Truck Operators also get more money in Western Australia (26.6% more) and Kalgoorlie (17.0% more). The lowest salaries can be found in Melbourne, Victoria (19.6% less), Brisbane, Queensland (16.2% less) and Sydney, New South Wales (14.3% less).
SEEK mining job salaries for dump truck production operators
What are dump truck operator employers looking for?
The following list is a collection of requirements you'll find in most advertised dump truckk operator jobs
- Experience operating CAT trucks
- A willingness to work rotating rosters
- Ability to contribute and work positively in a team environment
- Able to pass a pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol test
- Competitive Hourly Rate plus super on all hours worked
- Current Drivers Licence
- Current Standard 11 or willing to obtain a Standard 11
- Have a strong commitment to safety and Zero Harm and ensure this is a
- priority and at the forefront of all your decision-making
- Have a strong work history
- High level of safety awareness
- Relevant current RII Competencies
- Relevant RII/ SSE sign offs/ Competencies
- Right to work in Australia - Birth Certificate or Australian Passport
- Sound Work History
- Be reliable and a team player