In news that will come as no surprise to many employers, employment site, CareerOne.com.au revealed its list of top 10 interview mistakes made by job hunters.
CareerOne.com.au spoke to employers and recruiters who offered up some of their worst interview experiences.
Here is a list of a few of them. Ensure that when you get your chance at a mining job interview you DO NOT do any of these things mentioned below. The jobs are competitive enough without you missing out because your preparation was not 100%
Top 10 mistakes made on a cover letter/resume
1. Spelling mistakes
2. Addressing your cover letter to the wrong person
3. Cover letter too generic and not addressing the desired role
4. Length! Candidates sending through pages and pages of information
5. Inputting information over 10 years old
6. Submitting a handwritten cover letter
7. Providing too much personal information.
8. Inventing careers and skills. Professional resume checkers will sniff this out.
9. Excluding contact details and gaps in job history
10. Using inappropriate email addresses
Biggest mistake: A 32 page application was received
“The cover letter is a candidate`s first impression. It shows the commitment to the job from the very early stages,”ť explains Gary Banks, ABT Recruitment.
FACE-TO-FACE INTERVIEW MISTAKES REPORTED BY RECRUITERS
1. Dressing inappropriately
2. Bringing in fast food during the interview and eating it while being interviewed
3. Turning up late or not turning up at all for the scheduled interview
4. Offering sexual advances/propositions
5. Sharing too much personal information. No need to tell us about your second job driving hookers around
6. Not showing enough or showing too much enthusiasm
7. Questioning the intentions of the recruiter and questioning the questions of the recruiter!
8. Behaving inappropriately ““ don`t pick your nose during an interview please
9. Turning up drunk
10. Threatening and physically abusing recruiters out of desperation for a job
One recruiter said a candidate told him of his criminal conviction including a physical demonstration of how he assaulted his wife.
Follow our resume tips to ensure you give yourself every chance at landing an interview
Learn more about the Bowen Basin mining location.
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the worldâ€™s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queenslandâ€™s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Caterpillar Haul truck 793
The 793F has a load cpacityof 226.8 ton (US) and a top speed of 60 kilometres an hour. It's a turbocharged air-to-air aftercooled diesel engine that has enhanced power management capability for maximum hauling performance. The C175-16 is a 16-cylinder, four-stroke design that uses long, effective power strokes for optimum efficiency.
The 793F, is an autonomous-driven truck. Over 100 793F trucks are now operating via Command for hauling, the Cat autonomous truck operations system, which is a part of Cat MineStarâ„˘
Read more about the CAT 793 automomous mining dump truck on our website.
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.