See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Surveyor – Q-Coal – FIFO Technical Services
Thiess is the world’s largest mining services provider. They offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities across Australia, New Zealand, Indonesia, Mongolia, Africa and Chile. There life-of-mine insight, tailored approach and commitment to excellence keep at the leading edge…optimizing the mining value chain for each client.
The y continue to drive innovation, through long-term relationships, so there clients are best positioned in a competitive global market. There people are central to success and are empowered to contribute their skills, knowledge and experience to continually exceed industry benchmarks. Their culture is built on Principles of Integrity, Accountability, Innovation and Delivery, underpinned by a commitment to safety in everything they do.
About the Role
As the Surveyor at Q-Coal, reporting to the Technical Services Manager, you will be responsible for delivering total survey requirements across the project, including day-to-day set outs, monthly volume pick-ups, end of month reporting, statutory requirements and contractual obligations. Some of your key duties will include:
- Provide survey support and assist the technical services group in the planning process
- Establish and maintain a system of survey marks adequate to complete mining work
- Ensure survey data is recorded and stored as per project management plans
- Ensure full statutory and safety compliance of surveying and mine development activities on site
- Conduct EOM pickups and volume calculations
To be successful in this role you will require the following:
- Experience in open cut mining
- A tertiary qualification in surveying or equivalent
- Experience with Vulcan Software
- A commitment to the practice of health and safety at all times
Roster and Location
8/6 site-based position at the Q-Coal Northern Hub which is situated in the Bowen Basin in the Whitsunday Island region of Central Queensland, about 100 km south of Bowen and 6 km south of Collinsville. Thiess’ has successfully been operating at this site for over 10 years with strong leadership and operational teams.
Thiess‘ employee benefits program offers choice and flexibility to enhance the lifestyle and well-being of our team. With benefits including discounted health insurance, salary packaging, salary continuance insurance and more we place the health, safety and well-being of there people as absolute priority and they are focused on ensuring everyone if fit for work and fit for life.
They are committed to developing a diverse workforce that represents the communities in which they operate.
How to Apply
This is an excellent opportunity to advance your career with a leading mining contractor that offers ongoing career development opportunities. To apply for this fantastic role please select apply now.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for Qualified Surveyor Underground Coal Mining Technical Services FIFO QLD
About the Bowen Basin
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list