If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.This is a Bowen Basin job located in the Mackay & Coalfields area. Do you live close to this location, or are you willing to FIFO from within Queensland?
You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure what this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
Only applicants with real skills should apply. When sending in your application for the job, be sure to highlight the skills you have which are relevant.
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Supervisors / Leading Hands – Underground Conveyor Projects
Supervisors Leading Hands Underground Conveyor Projects Bowen Basin
- 7/7 Roster
- Salary Sacrificing
- Camp Accommodation & Meals
- Competitive Rates
Techserve requires experienced underground conveyor supervisors and leading hands to lead teams on long term conveyor projects within the Bowen Basin.
You will be responsible for the provision of effective supervision of work crew to ensure the safety and health of crew members underground, performance and workmanship standards are maintained at high levels and daily project delivery targets are achieved.
The successful candidate will need to be able to demonstrate:
- Previous experience in conveyor installation; or conveyor maintenance projects in an underground coal mine
- Previous supervisory experience in underground coal mining roles
- Relevant underground equipment tickets
- Ability to manage day-to-day activities of your crew
- Ability to set and achieve targets and prioritize tasks
- Ability to problem solve on a task level to ensure shift plans are completed safely and in a timely fashion
- Ability to work autonomously / self-directed
- Lead by example and reinforce correct and appropriate behaviours from your crew members and ensure performance standards are maintained.
- Provide accurate daily reporting on plan versus actual progress achieved for the shift, delays, etc.
- Complete workplace inspections, hazard identification, and ensure your crew is working safely and in accordance with site SHMS requirements
The successful candidate will have:
- Current QLD Coal Board Medical and Standard 11 Induction Training competency (Underground)
- S123 and G2 qualifications
- Minimum of 3 Years underground coal experience
- At least 1 years’ experience in a supervisory role
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- High attention to detail
- Commitment to operating safely
If you have the required skills along with a great work ethic. Send your resume and all supporting documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Techserve is a leading provider of contract engineering services and high quality personnel to the mining, resources and industrial sectors worldwide. Established in 2001, the company has grown, diversified and developed into a multi-resourceful and highly skilled organization with three key service offerings.
How to apply
If you believe you would be well suited to the position please click APPLY NOW by the button below
NOTE: Did you know that your resume could automatically go into the bin if you don’t format it correctly. Recruiters these days use software to scan your resume for keywords they place in the job ad. This software tried to match up the words in the ad to the words in your resume. If there’s a mismatch – chances are your application will be ignored.
This job for Supervisors Leading Hands Underground Conveyor will possibly receive a lot of applicants. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contained in this ad.
About the Bowen Basin mining region, Queensland.
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers a total area of over 60,000 square kilometres and is located in Central Queensland; running from Collinsville to Theodore. The entire region is home to many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list