Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Supervisor Mining Jobs Yarrabee
7:7 roster, rotating Day/Night 12 hour shifts
The Supervisor/Open Cut Examiner will be required to directly supervise the mining crews in relation to daily operations and to achieve a high level of production in a safe and efficient manner. If you’ve got your S1, S2 & S3 and G2 qualifications, be sure to send Yancoal over your resume!
- Demonstrated high level of communication, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated skills in risk awareness, hazard identification and a strong commitment to safety performance.
- Able to manage, coach and lead operators and establish an effective team.
- Able to demonstrate courage to uphold standards, policies and procedures.
- Basic computer literacy – able to use MS Office suite of programs
EXPERIENCE / KNOWLEDGE
- Thorough understanding of the Queensland Coal Mining Legislation and how it relates to individual and supervisor obligations.
- Demonstrated understanding of associated plant & machinery within the mining environment and how to apply “best” fit of same.
- Previous experience in providing leadership to effect project and operational success in an Open Cut Mining environment.
- Experienced in leading personnel in a mining environment, including prioritising tasks and allocation of same to crew members.
- Well-developed operating skills on a wide range of earthmoving equipment.
QUALIFICATIONS for *Supervisor Mining Jobs Yarrabee
- OCE Certificate (granted under the Coal Mining Act 1925 or OCE Certificate of Competency granted under the Coal Mining Safety and Health Act 1999) or ability to obtain;
- Current Open Class Drivers Licence (mandatory);
- Standard 11 Induction Training Mine Induction – Surface;
- S1, S2 & S3 and G2 (mandatory);
- Senior First Aid Certificate or higher.
Supervisor Mining Jobs Yarrabee *BENEFITS INCLUDE:
Yancoal provides a range of benefits to appeal to the diverse needs of their employees. The following benefits are available to eligible wages employees:
- Corporate Subsidised Health Cover Premiums
- Salary Continuance and Life Insurance Cover
- Salary Sacrifice Options
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Educations Assistance
- Service Recognition
- Paid Parental Leave Provisions
** This job is no longer available, see our most recent mining jobs here.