If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure what this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Supervisor Mining Jobs Yarrabee
7:7 roster, rotating Day/Night 12 hour shifts
The Supervisor/Open Cut Examiner will be required to directly supervise the mining crews in relation to daily operations and to achieve a high level of production in a safe and efficient manner. If you’ve got your S1, S2 & S3 and G2 qualifications, be sure to send Yancoal over your resume!
- Demonstrated high level of communication, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated skills in risk awareness, hazard identification and a strong commitment to safety performance.
- Able to manage, coach and lead operators and establish an effective team.
- Able to demonstrate courage to uphold standards, policies and procedures.
- Basic computer literacy – able to use MS Office suite of programs
EXPERIENCE / KNOWLEDGE
- Thorough understanding of the Queensland Coal Mining Legislation and how it relates to individual and supervisor obligations.
- Demonstrated understanding of associated plant & machinery within the mining environment and how to apply “best” fit of same.
- Previous experience in providing leadership to effect project and operational success in an Open Cut Mining environment.
- Experienced in leading personnel in a mining environment, including prioritising tasks and allocation of same to crew members.
- Well-developed operating skills on a wide range of earthmoving equipment.
QUALIFICATIONS for *Supervisor Mining Jobs Yarrabee
- OCE Certificate (granted under the Coal Mining Act 1925 or OCE Certificate of Competency granted under the Coal Mining Safety and Health Act 1999) or ability to obtain;
- Current Open Class Drivers Licence (mandatory);
- Standard 11 Induction Training Mine Induction – Surface;
- S1, S2 & S3 and G2 (mandatory);
- Senior First Aid Certificate or higher.
Supervisor Mining Jobs Yarrabee *BENEFITS INCLUDE:
Yancoal provides a range of benefits to appeal to the diverse needs of their employees. The following benefits are available to eligible wages employees:
- Corporate Subsidised Health Cover Premiums
- Salary Continuance and Life Insurance Cover
- Salary Sacrifice Options
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Educations Assistance
- Service Recognition
- Paid Parental Leave Provisions
** This job is no longer available, see our most recent mining jobs here.