See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Superintendent Site Systems – Queensland
Superintendent Site Systems Australia Queensland
At BHP they support there people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, they offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. There strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where employees feel strongly connected to their values and objectives, and where the capability of their people is key to success.
About the role
This is an exciting and challenging role where you will be accountable for the management, improvement and governance of the Safety and Health Management System and associated training and information systems. Reporting to the Engineering Manager you will be responsible for leading the Site Systems team and providing technical support to the systems on site that govern work practices and risk control processes.
Being the focal point, you will liaise with various corporate groups (such as Risk and Governance, Asset Systems, Information Systems, and the corporate Training & Development group) to plan for and facilitate any required activities across the site. You will lead your team to deliver measurable outcomes as part of a continuous improvement process, to bridge any identified gaps, facilitate change and embed new systems and technological tools.
In this role you will:
Oversee a number of key systems and processes across the site, including:
- Safety and Health Management System (SHMS)
- Risk and Contractor Management
- Training Management
- Collaborative and innovative individual who executes continuous improvement initiatives and conversations;
- Knowledge and experience managing systems in line with QLD coal mining legislation;
- Experience maintaining and improving risk and safety management systems;
- Understanding of regulatory bodies, governance and risk management through risk assessments/execution and leading the risk management process.
- Develop, encourage and support a small site team to execute activities and deliver business visibility across all systems and training;
- Possess an appropriate Tertiary Qualifications in Law, Safety/Risk, Business or similar
Supporting a diverse workforce
At BHP, they recognize that they are strengthened by diversity. Committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. They are an Equal Opportunity employer and encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.
They know there are many aspects of employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so they offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options; a generous paid parental leave policy; other extended leave entitlements.
This job for Superintendent Site Systems will possibly receive a lot of applicants. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contained in this ad.
How to apply
If you feel you have the required skills and are searching to join a professional team please Apply online now with an up to date CV.
Apply for Superintendent Site Systems Australia Queensland
Reference Number – Superintendent Site Systems – 796246
Please note, screening and interviews may take place prior to the advertised close date.They support flexible work at BHP. Talk about the flexible working options in this team. BHP Billiton has an overriding commitment to safety and environmental responsibility