The Site Supervisor reports directly to the Operations Manager and is responsible for directing the day to day operational management of the project Drill and Blast team, ensuring that project outcomes are met through an effective and efficient utilization of resources (human and capital), in accordance with company objectives.
- Supervision of all personnel within the drill and blast project team. ??
- Provides technical advice / expertise on Drill & Blast operations to external and internal customers. ??
- Ensure all statutory and company audit schedules are maintained.
- All audit documentation and action items are to be recorded and maintained in the site office. ?
- Ensure daily and weekly production targets are met and / or exceeded.
- Ensure relevant safety targets are met and / or exceeded. ?
- Ensure that core training is completed to the required company and industry standards for all Dynamic Drill and Blast personnel (including contractor or principal employees) located on the project site. ??
- Ensure daily site safety inspections are carried out and ensure high housekeeping standards are maintained.
- Ensure daily, fortnightly and monthly reporting is completed on time. ?
- Provide updates at the daily site meeting on the progress of drill and blast with reference to the current schedule of works.
- Ensure stock takes are conducted regularly and ensure their accuracy and submit to head office on time for monthly ordering. ?
- Display a positive attitude towards safety, the environment and colleagues. ?
- Provide leadership to the Drill & Blast team. ?
- Ensure all housekeeping duties are undertaken by the Drill & Blast team.
- Liaise with team members to initiate and formulate relevant JHAs where necessary for specific work areas. ?
- Ensure all accidents / incidents that occur within area of responsibility are promptly reported and investigated in line with DDB procedures. ?
- Ensure the welfare of personnel, machinery, and all company property are a top priority. ?
- Actively participate in safety, pre-start and toolbox meetings, and ensure actions are completed promptly. ?
- Conduct regular inspections of the work environment to ensure safety ?
- Review and update where necessary DDB Safe Work Procedures.
- Participate in all safety and company audits. ?
Key Qualifications (Essential)
- At least 10 years demonstrated management / supervisory experience.
- At least ten years industry experience.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities.
- Strong technical skills.
- Current motor vehicle drivers license WA ‘HR’ class.
- Current MWHS
- Current WA Shotfirer ticket
- Current WA Dangerous Good Security Card
- Current OSH Induction Card (Whitecard)
- Highly competent in the use of Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Exceptional standard of written and verbal communication skills coupled with strong relationship building, leadership and influencing skills.
- High level of safety awareness and excellent understanding of safe operating procedures.
Key Qualifications (Non Essential)
- Diploma Front Line Manager or Surface Operations Management or higher.
- Restricted Quarry Manager Certificate demonstrating in depth knowledge and understanding of Mines Safety & Inspection Act 1994 and Mines Safety and Inspection Regulations 1995 and other relevant legislation.
NOTE: When you apply for this job Site Supervisor Western Australia, take a look at your current resume and cover letter. Always match the first page of your resume to details of the job. Search the job ad for keywords and add them into your resume because if you don’t, your application may be scanned and rejected before it even gets read by a human.