Short Term Planner Jobs QLD
Location: Yarrabee Mine, QLD
Yancoal are looking to hire Short Term Planners for work out in Yarrabee Mine for design and scheduling of truck and shovel operations.
As a Short Term Planner at Yarrabee, you will be part of a supportive and inclusive team of professionals who work together to optimise the short term operations. Reporting to Technical Services Superintendent, the role is responsible for the design and scheduling of truck and shovel operations within the Yarrabee Pits.
This role will have a direct impact to the success of Yarrabee mine and the successful candidate will gain exposure to all areas of mining. You will bring your experience and enthusiasm into the role and provide specialist advice and solutions in a geologically challenging and exciting workplace. The flat structure of Yancoal Australia will give you exposure to all levels of the business.
Skills / Knowledge:
Reporting to the Technical Services Superintendent, you will be a part of a dynamic and motivated team. You will possess the following skills:
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills
- High level analytical and problem solving skills
- Highly developed skills in mine design
- Highly developed skills pertaining to mining software packages and engineering practices
- Skilled in hazard identification and responsive to safety issues
- Competent on full range of Microsoft programs
- Sound understanding of individual responsibilities in relation to the Coal Mining Safety & Health Act and associated regulations
- Sound understanding of risk awareness, hazard identification and a strong commitment to safety performance
- Provision of engineering applications within an Open Cut coal mining environment.
- Experienced in maintaining communication across a number of departments.
- Experience in truck and shovel mine design and scheduling
- Tertiary Qualifications in Mining Engineering (or equivalent)
- Current Australian Driver’s licence
- Current Standard 11 *Standard 11 Training* Mine Induction (Surface)
- 8:6 Roster
- Become a part of Australia’s largest pure play coal producer
- Competitive remuneration package
- Accommodation options provided
- Discounted Private Health Insurance
- Salary Sacrifice Options
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Service Recognition
- Paid Parental Leave Provisions
About the Company:
Yancoal Australia is Australia’s largest pure play coal producer. It boasts three tier one thermal coal mines in New South Wales together with interests in three other metallurgical and thermal coal mines located in New South Wales and Queensland. Yancoal Australia also manages five other Australian coal mines on behalf of related parties. Yancoal currently employs over 3,000 people across its operations.
** This job is no longer available, see our most recent mining jobs here.
Learn more about the Bowen Basin mining location.
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Caterpillar Haul truck 793
The 793F has a load cpacityof 226.8 ton (US) and a top speed of 60 kilometres an hour. It's a turbocharged air-to-air aftercooled diesel engine that has enhanced power management capability for maximum hauling performance. The C175-16 is a 16-cylinder, four-stroke design that uses long, effective power strokes for optimum efficiency.
The 793F, is an autonomous-driven truck. Over 100 793F trucks are now operating via Command for hauling, the Cat autonomous truck operations system, which is a part of Cat MineStar™
Read more about the CAT 793 automomous mining dump truck on our website.
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.