If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure what this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
This job asks for motivated people. How do you motivate yourself?
Only applicants with real skills should apply. When sending in your application for the job, be sure to highlight the skills you have which are relevant.
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Short Term Planner Jobs QLD
Location: Yarrabee Mine, QLD
Yancoal are searching to hire Short Term Planners for work out in Yarrabee Mine for design and scheduling of truck and shovel operations.
As a Short Term Planner at Yarrabee, you will be part of a supportive and inclusive team of professionals who work together to optimise the short term operations. Reporting to Technical Services Superintendent, the role is responsible for the design and scheduling of truck and shovel operations within the Yarrabee Pits.
This role will have a direct impact to the success of Yarrabee mine and the successful candidate will gain exposure to all areas of mining. You will bring your experience and enthusiasm into the role and provide specialist advice and solutions in a geologically challenging and exciting workplace. The flat structure of Yancoal Australia will give you exposure to all levels of the business.
Skills / Knowledge:
Reporting to the Technical Services Superintendent, you will be a part of a dynamic and motivated team. You will possess the following skills:
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills
- High level analytical and problem solving skills
- Highly developed skills in mine design
- Highly developed skills pertaining to mining software packages and engineering practices
- Skilled in hazard identification and responsive to safety issues
- Competent on full range of Microsoft programs
- Sound understanding of individual responsibilities in relation to the Coal Mining Safety & Health Act and associated regulations
- Sound understanding of risk awareness, hazard identification and a strong commitment to safety performance
- Provision of engineering applications within an Open Cut coal mining environment.
- Experienced in maintaining communication across a number of departments.
- Experience in truck and shovel mine design and scheduling
- Tertiary Qualifications in Mining Engineering (or equivalent)
- Current Australian Driver’s licence
- Current Standard 11 Induction Training Mine Induction (Surface)
- 8:6 Roster
- Become a part of Australia’s largest pure play coal producer
- Competitive remuneration package
- Accommodation options provided
- Discounted Private Health Insurance
- Salary Sacrifice Options
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Service Recognition
- Paid Parental Leave Provisions
About the Company:
Yancoal Australia is Australia’s largest pure play coal producer. It boasts three tier one thermal coal mines in New South Wales together with interests in three other metallurgical and thermal coal mines located in New South Wales and Queensland. Yancoal Australia also manages five other Australian coal mines on behalf of related parties. Yancoal currently employs over 3,000 people across its operations.
** This job is no longer available, see our most recent mining jobs here.