You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure that this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Service Technicians $43.54 ph Flat Rate, Bowen Basin Mine QLD
Workfast is searching for Experienced Service Technicians with a maintenance fitter background in the central Queensland area to work on the Caval Ridge Mine Site in Bowen Basin QLD.
This work involves the servicing and upgrading of the operating machinery in the areas of civil construction and mining. The flat rate of pay is $43.54 per hour plus Superannuation. Workers must hold an HR license.
This role is casual with full-time hours working on a 2 week on, 1 week off roster for DIDO or FIFO workers, or 5 days per week for local workers. Applicants should have at least 3 years experience as a Service Technician or Maintenance Fitter and ideally have a mining background.
- $43.54 Flat Rate + Superannuation
- Service Technician
- Machinery maintenance and upgrades
- Caval Ridge Mine Site
- Rii Tickets required
- ASAP start
- Local, DIDO and FIFO work available
- 3 years Service Technician Background
- Maintenance fitter experience
- HR license
- Mining background
- BMA Core induction or BMA Caval Ridge induction Required
- Current QLD coal board medical
- Current Standard 11
- Drivers license
- White Card
- Own transport – able to get to site
- Must be reliable and fit the team well.
- Be able to get to site in Central QLD, either DIDO, FIFO or residential
- Plant machinery service and maintenance on the Caval Ridge mining site – earthworks
- Maintenance fitting
- Machinery checks and updates
- Working alongside a team of Operators
- General mining and operation work
Workfast is a labour hire company working with some of Australia’s leading companies. They operate in all states of Australia and there employees work in all industries. When you join the team they make sure that you’re well looked after, paid well and that they follow all Australian Fair work standards.
If you are interested in applying for the Caval Ridge FIFO, DIDO job please click the link to apply. For questions, contact Benji at 0407628538
How to apply
If you feel you meet the above requirements, are keen to take on a new and exciting opportunity, and work for an employer that is committed to supporting your career then APPLY NOW.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for Service Technicians Machinery Maintenance Caval Ridge Mine QLD
About the Bowen Basin
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.