If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.Only applicants with real skills should apply. When sending in your application for the job, be sure to highlight the skills you have which are relevant.
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Senior Mine Planning Engineer – QLD
Senior Mine Site Planning Engineer Brisbane QLD
Thiess is the world’s largest mining services provider. They offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Their life-of-mine insight, tailored approach and commitment to excellence keep at the leading edge…optimizing the mining value chain for each client.
They continue to drive innovation, through long-term relationships, so their clients are best positioned in a competitive global market. The people are central to success and are empowered to contribute their skills, knowledge and experience to continually exceed industry benchmarks. Their culture is built on Principles of Integrity, Accountability, Innovation and Delivery, underpinned by a commitment to safety in everything they do.
Some of your duties will include:
- Site support for mine planning related activities, including site relief roles from time to time.
- Participation in the development of mine design and scheduling for tenders and other business opportunities.
- Providing expert input into the Global Mine Planning COP, promoting knowledge share and networking across the business.
- Providing training, coaching and mentoring support to junior engineers.
- Assessing the technical risk in mine plans and developing mitigation strategies.
- Participation in the development of standardized systems and processes for mine planning.
- Identify project risks from a technical, HSE and cost perspective during the mine planning phase to ensure potential impacts on the project are identified, documented and communicated.
What skills and experience do you need?
- Demonstrated commitment to Thiess principles of Integrity, Accountability, Innovation and Delivery
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Mining or Civil Engineering (or equivalent).
- Minimum 7 years’ site/project experience in an operational mining engineering capacity (open cut and/or underground coal/metalliferous mining).
- Advanced skills in mine planning, design and scheduling (minimum 2 years scheduling experience).
- Ability to work collaboratively within a small team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to complete accurate designs and undertake short term mine plans including use of geological models, reserve creation, scheduling, haulage/dump modelling and generation of reports.
- Preparation of documentation detailing mine plan assumptions and logic.
- Practical experience in risk management in mine design.
- High level of proficiency in MS Office, Vulcan, SPRY and/or Deswik Software.
- Excellent behavioral, time management, analytical, verbal and written communication skills.
Domestic and international travel will be required as part of this role.
Please submit your resume in a MS Word format by clicking on the Apply button below. All applications are treated in the strictest of confidence and your details will not be forwarded to the company without gaining your prior consent. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contained in this ad.
When do you need to apply?
If you are interested in these positions then APPLY NOW and look forward to joining a dynamic organization.
Click Apply for Senior Mine Site Planning Engineer Brisbane QLD