Haul Truck Rolling Stock Maintainer – Electrical and Mechanical
- Be a part of the World’s first automated heavy haul network
- Even time roster offering great work life balance working a 3 days on, 3 nights on, 6 off roster
- A number of residential opportunities based in the coastal community towns Wickham and Karratha servicing Cape Lambert and Dampier depots
About the role
They are looking for Rolling Stock Maintainer’s (Electrical and Mechanical) to perform preventative and breakdown maintenance assigned tasks within the Rolling Stock Maintenance team. They have a number of opportunities to join there team and are looking for experienced professionals.
This role is a great opportunity for driven and motivated individuals who are looking to showcase their technical knowledge while being able to further their career working in an environment that encourages continuous improvement and team work. Working a 3 days on, 3 nights on, 6 off roster and reporting to the Supervisor, you will be:
- Carrying-out scheduled and planned maintenance to enhance the reliability and quality of locomotive and wagon assets
- Undertaking fault finding / troubleshooting of electrical and mechanical faults
- Utilising SAP to record maintenance activities
- Safely executing mechanical and electrical maintenance work at the Cape Lambert and Dampier facility
- Working on GE locomotives, auto haul, wagons and electronic control pneumatic breaking
To be successfully considered for this role, you will have:
- “A” Electrical Trade qualification and able to obtain a unrestricted WA Electrical License
- A mechanical fitting or heavy duty diesel qualification
- A C Class driver’s license
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment to achieve results
- Fault finding skills
- The ability to work as part of a small and diverse team
It will also be beneficial if you have:
- High risk licenses (Elevated Work Platform (EWP),Forklift or Confined space ticket)
- A High Voltage (HV) Switching ticket
- Previous experience in locomotive and wagon maintenance
- Exposure to a maintenance management system, such as SAP
Where you will be working
Privately owned and operated rail network is an essential part of our integrated production process and services our 15 mines across the Pilbara via 1,700km of track.
With depots located at Tom Price, Cape Lambert and Dampier (7 Mile), each train is operated by a single driver and comprises up to three locomotives and 240 ore cars stretching to approximately 2.7 kilometers in length with over 40 trains operating per day. They are also applying and adapting technology to improve safety and productivity across our rail network.
As pioneers in mining and metals, they produce materials essential to human progress.
There long history is filled with firsts. They have developed some of the world’s largest and best quality mines and operations, and there people work in around 35 countries across six continents. Aluminum and copper, diamonds, gold and industrial minerals, iron ore, coal and uranium: materials make up the world. You’ll find them in smartphones, planes, cars, hospitals and throughout your home.
Creating an inclusive and diverse workforce
They are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, there people share one thing in common.
It’s a belief that work is more rewarding when they are accepted and valued for differences, not judged by them. They all have something to contribute, and it’s this contribution that makes for a great organization and fulfilling career.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.
Would you like to apply?
Apply today if you want to work with the latest technology and innovation, in an environment where they challenge you to drive positive change.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 *Standard 11 Training*Apply for Rolling Stock Maintainer Electrical Mechanical Mining Maintenance
Learn more about the Bowen Basin mining location.
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Caterpillar Haul truck 793
The 793F has a load cpacityof 226.8 ton (US) and a top speed of 60 kilometres an hour. It's a turbocharged air-to-air aftercooled diesel engine that has enhanced power management capability for maximum hauling performance. The C175-16 is a 16-cylinder, four-stroke design that uses long, effective power strokes for optimum efficiency.
The 793F, is an autonomous-driven truck. Over 100 793F trucks are now operating via Command for hauling, the Cat autonomous truck operations system, which is a part of Cat MineStar™
Read more about the CAT 793 automomous mining dump truck on our website.
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.