Quarry Operations Manager
Looking for the opportunity to work for an innovative company with strong technical abilities, this may be the opportunity for you! Continually looking to invest in our future. As a result, they are looking to appoint a Quarry Manager who will be responsible for quarry operation and management of the Alice Springs North Road Operations.
Reporting to the Quarry Operations Manager SA/NT, it is critical that a genuine commitment to safety, health and environmental improvement is practiced in this role. Exceptional leadership and people management skills are essential as is effective time management coupled with the ability to plan effectively.
This is a residential position with housing and a fully maintained tool of trade vehicle provided as part of the salary package on offer.
- Experience in managing a quarry/sand operation
- Able to manage and maintain safety and environmental standards
- Improve operational performance and safety
- Day to day cost control focus
- Strong knowledge and experience in the maintenance of crushing and screening equipment
- Able to develop and lead
- Implement and monitor Policies and procedures
- Site inspections
What you will need to succeed
- Strong commitment to safety and the environment
- Extensive experience in the Quarry or Mining industry
- Have a minimum of a Cert IV or Diploma
- Superior customer focus
- Proven leadership skills
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Able to encourage a team work environment
Hy-Tec is a leading quality assured supplier of concrete and aggregates to the commercial, industrial, civil and residential construction sectors. They focus on accurate delivery times with support from a large fleet of concrete trucks for best in class on time delivery.
Part of the Adelaide Brighton Limited Concrete and Aggregates Division, Hy-Tecâ€™s concrete plants service south east Queensland, Sydney and Melbourne, northern New South Wales and the Northern Territory. They have strategic aggregate reserves west of Sydney, in northern New South Wales, Queensland and the Northern Territory. The South Australian operations of the Concrete and Aggregates Division include Southern Quarries, Direct Mix Concrete and Davalan Concrete through which we supply concrete and aggregates and agricultural lime to the South Australian market.
Hy-Tec is a subsidiary of Adelaide Brighton Limited, a leading Australian construction materials company with operations that comprise cement and lime, concrete and aggregates and concrete products and employs 1,500 people nationally