If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Project Officer (Assessment and Remediation)
- Temporary full time for 12 months with a possibility of an extension
- Salary in the range of $80,349 to $87,333 per annum excluding superannuation.
- Plus leave loading and 12.75% superannuation.
Key Duties and Accountability
- Undertake abandoned mines site field inspections including trip planning, risk assessments and technical monitoring activities as required.
- Assist in the assessment of planning for and project manage remediation activities at identified abandoned mine sites including project scope development, contract management, stakeholder consultation and project evaluation.
- Interpret the results of technical monitoring activities and recommendations of technical investigations/studies and define proposed works for management consideration.
- Participate in the development and delivery of the abandoned mine site assessment program including assessment of site risks, research and development of innovative site management options for abandoned mine projects.
- Actively participate in the state-wide development, maintenance and review of abandoned mines management and reporting systems to improve project planning, initiation, and implementation of abandoned mine projects.
- Prepare briefs, letters, reports, submissions and recommendations on complex issues in regards to abandoned mines including departmental and Ministerial requests and media releases as required.
- Consult with administrative, management, regional staff and stakeholders on project development to build effective relationships and share expertise and knowledge.
- Assist with the development of state wide geospatial, technical and risk data sets for abandoned mines.
- Other duties as directed and required.
How to apply for this job
For further information about this position and details on how to apply, please visit the Queensland Government Smart Jobs and Careers website www.smartjobs.qld.gov.au.Apply for Project Officer Assessment & Remediation Mines Townsville QLD