See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Mining Production Dozer / Excavator Operator Jobs in Bowen Basin
- 6/6 Roster DIDO
- Competitive Rates
- Accommodation and Meals Provided
WorkPac have over 35 offices throughout Australia, this means you have the flexibility to work anywhere in Australia . Apply for ongoing access to a wide range of temporary and permanent jobs for all skill levels.
Client is Australia’s largest coal miner and exporter, the world’s largest supplier to the sea borne coking coal market and largest coal producer and supplier of metallurgical coal. With several mine sites across the Bowen Basin in Queensland consisting primarily of open cut mines.
Opportunities exist for skilled and experienced Production Dozer / Excavator Operator who will form part of and contribute to the Mine Operations Department of a Bowen Basin Mine.
Duties and Responsibilities
Pre-Requisites for this position include:
- Black Coal Competencies in Excavator / Dozer Operations
- Minimum 6 months mine experience
- Current Standard 11 Induction Training Induction
- Current Coal Board Medical – Conducted within 2 years
- Current BMA/ SGS Induction
- Current Driver’s License
- A willingness to work rotating rosters
- Ability to contribute and work positively in a team environment
- Sound Work History
An absolute commitment to working safely, complying with all site safety standards and ensuring a safe and environmentally healthy workplace is essential. It is imperative that you possess the ability and aptitude to maintain high standards of safety, equipment serviceability, housekeeping and compliance with mine working procedures.
- Competitive Pay Rates
- On Going Opportunity
- DIDO Commute Options Available
- 6/6 Rosters Available (3 Days / 3 Nights)
- Meals and Accommodation Provided
WorkPac is Australia’s leading, privately owned recruitment provider to the mining, construction, engineering, oil and gas and healthcare sectors. They are proud to partner with some of the country’s leading companies to deliver rewarding career opportunities.
At WorkPac they recognize they are strengthened by diversity. They are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. They are an Equal Opportunity employer and encourage applications from woman and Indigenous people.
If casual opportunities appeal to you APPLY now!
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for Production Mine jobs Dozer Coal Mining Excavator Operator QLD
About the Bowen Basin
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list