If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure what this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Principal Mine Engineer – 2 x Underground Gold Mines
Resourceful Recruitment have partnered with a global mining company to support their search for seasoned Mine Engineering professional who will provide expert advice on ‘industry best practices’ across their two complex underground gold mines.
In competition with the current gold trend, (deposits becoming more difficult to find, being a lower grade, deeper underground and harder to develop), they have developed a technology for efficient extraction of gold and copper from the ore body.
As the Specialist Mine Engineer , you will report into the Underground Mine Manager and provide broad expert and specialist mining advice to the complex mine operation while coaching and developing national mining superintendents. This opportunity will see you rotating on a 20/10 roster from any capital city to their international location.
You will be accountable for:
- Plan, schedule and sequence a number of different (and often competing) activities to produce ore in accordance with its budgeted tonnage and grade
- Ensure the mine planning schedule is followed to produce required physicals for the month
- Monitoring actual production and grade against plans, and preparing statistics for weekly and monthly reports
- Liaising with Planning, Geotechnical, Production, Survey, and Geology personnel to ensure that systems are maintained to optimize ore extraction and gold recovery
- Coaching and mentoring your team and other employees to ensure their development.
The successful candidate will possess the following experience:
- Degree in Mining Engineering or equivalent with a minimum of 10 years’ experience in the mining industry
- Recent experience with underground engineering, as well as a production and an operations background
- Technical services experience, e.g. planning, scheduling and mine design
- Experience with mine planning software
- Gold mining experience highly desirable, will consider hard rock / metalliferous
- Must be an Australian citizen or Permanent Resident
- Be able to pass all pre-employment medical requirements
- Be able to obtain a National Police clearance
A very attractive expat remuneration package is on offer, along with an opportunity to provide expert advice to resolve complex operational issues!
All correspondence will be treated in strict confidence
To apply, follow the link and upload your current resume in word format. If you have any questions about this position or to learn about other exciting opportunities in the market, please contact Christian Sticklen at Resourceful Recruitment on the details below.
If the above role appeals to you APPLY today!
This is an excellent opportunity for you to advance your career with a leading mining contractor. To apply for this role please follow the link below.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for Principal Mine Engineer Underground Gold Mining Brisbane QLD