Principal Mine Engineer – 2 x Underground Gold Mines
Resourceful Recruitment have partnered with a global mining company to support their search for seasoned Mine Engineering professional who will provide expert advice on ‘industry best practices’ across their two complex underground gold mines.
In competition with the current gold trend, (deposits becoming more difficult to find, being a lower grade, deeper underground and harder to develop), they have developed a technology for efficient extraction of gold and copper from the ore body.
As the Specialist Mine Engineer , you will report into the Underground Mine Manager and provide broad expert and specialist mining advice to the complex mine operation while coaching and developing national mining superintendents. This opportunity will see you rotating on a 20/10 roster from any capital city to their international location.
You will be accountable for:
- Plan, schedule and sequence a number of different (and often competing) activities to produce ore in accordance with its budgeted tonnage and grade
- Ensure the mine planning schedule is followed to produce required physicals for the month
- Monitoring actual production and grade against plans, and preparing statistics for weekly and monthly reports
- Liaising with Planning, Geotechnical, Production, Survey, and Geology personnel to ensure that systems are maintained to optimize ore extraction and gold recovery
- Coaching and mentoring your team and other employees to ensure their development.
The successful candidate will possess the following experience:
- Degree in Mining Engineering or equivalent with a minimum of 10 years’ experience in the mining industry
- Recent experience with underground engineering, as well as a production and an operations background
- Technical services experience, e.g. planning, scheduling and mine design
- Experience with mine planning software
- Gold mining experience highly desirable, will consider hard rock / metalliferous
- Must be an Australian citizen or Permanent Resident
- Be able to pass all pre-employment medical requirements
- Be able to obtain a National Police clearance
A very attractive expat remuneration package is on offer, along with an opportunity to provide expert advice to resolve complex operational issues!
All correspondence will be treated in strict confidence
To apply, follow the link and upload your current resume in word format. If you have any questions about this position or to learn about other exciting opportunities in the market, please contact Christian Sticklen at Resourceful Recruitment on the details below.
If the above role appeals to you APPLY today!
This is an excellent opportunity for you to advance your career with a leading mining contractor. To apply for this role please follow the link below.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 *Standard 11 Training*Apply for Principal Mine Engineer Underground Gold Mining Brisbane QLD
Learn more about the Bowen Basin mining location.
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Caterpillar Haul truck 793
The 793F has a load cpacityof 226.8 ton (US) and a top speed of 60 kilometres an hour. It's a turbocharged air-to-air aftercooled diesel engine that has enhanced power management capability for maximum hauling performance. The C175-16 is a 16-cylinder, four-stroke design that uses long, effective power strokes for optimum efficiency.
The 793F, is an autonomous-driven truck. Over 100 793F trucks are now operating via Command for hauling, the Cat autonomous truck operations system, which is a part of Cat MineStar™
Read more about the CAT 793 automomous mining dump truck on our website.
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.