Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Plant Operators / Lab Technicians – Quarries
Plant Operators Lab Technicians Quarries Mackay QLD
With an expected increased demand and work flow in 2018, Boral are now inviting expressions of interest for Plant Operator and Lab Technician roles to assist Boral operations with potential new and exciting upcoming projects.
The primary focus of these roles will be on the safe and efficient operation of quarry mobile and fixed plant and day to day sampling and testing of quarry products.
To be considered for this role you will possess a proactive and committed approach to safety with an ability to work in a team environment.
Key of duties:
- Operation of haul trucks, front end loaders, excavators and other quarry mobile plant
- Operation of the crushing plant including routine maintenance duties
- Participation in safety initiatives including pre-starts, toolboxes and incident reporting
- Sampling and testing of quarry products
- Generating reports on test results and accurate record keeping
- Calibration and maintenance of laboratory equipment
- Follow Inspection and Test Plans to carry out production and compliance testing and,
- Maintenance of the laboratory in accordance with NATA accreditation requirements
Skills and experience:
- Experience in quarry mobile and fixed plant operations
- Experience in quality control testing of construction material products (preferred)
- A strong commitment to safety and the environment along with a superior customer focus
- A current HR drivers license and front end loader ticket (desirable)
- A proven ability to work efficiently unsupervised
- Flexibility to work Monday to Saturday as required.
Boral is an international building and construction materials group, with its headquarters in Sydney, Australia. With some A$4.3 billion worth of sales, Boral had 8,334 full-time equivalent employees working across over 550 operating sites as at 30 June 2016. Boral produces and distributes a broad range of construction materials, including quarry products, cement, fly ash, pre-mix concrete and asphalt; and building products, including clay bricks and pavers, clay and concrete roof tiles, concrete masonry products, plasterboard and timber. Boral primarily serves customers in the building and construction industries with operations concentrated in three key geographical markets – Australia, the USA and Asia.
Boral values and is committed to creating a diverse working environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All suitable applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability or age.
Click to Apply or visit http://careers.boral.com.au
To apply for this job position
If you are searching for an exciting opportunity and to build a career in an innovative and dynamic organization, submit your resume by clicking on Apply Now below.Click Apply for Plant Operators Lab Technicians Quarries Mackay QLD