Plant Operator – Earthmoving Equipment
Plant Operator Earthmoving Equipment QLD
- Permanent Full Time Position. Willawong, QLD
- 6am starts, 8-10 hour shifts
- Monday to Friday, occasional weekend work – OT rates apply
Your new role
- Work performed at a Resource Recovery Site for Commercial, Industrial, Demolition Waste
- Operate a range of earth moving and construction equipment, primarily operate a Wheel Loader
- Will also operate an Excavator loading material with grab attachment
- Drive a Water Truck
- Perform daily maintenance and safety checks on equipment as and when required.
- Complete all paperwork and records accurately, as directed and required.
- Maintain a professional image of the company and deliver high quality customer service at all times
The ideal candidate will have:
- FEL license and experience
- Excavator license experience
- Heavy Rigid (HR) License
- Seeking someone with specific experience operating Catepillar and Volvo Loaders.
- Moderate to extensive experience operating earthmoving equipment
- Fixed Plant and Mobile crushing experience (desirable)
- Mechanical aptitude (desirable)
Cleanaway is the largest, publicly listed waste management company in Australia. Work with a diverse range of customers from small businesses through to government agencies and large multi-national clients. They believe that all waste is a resource and aim to incorporate recovery, recycling and reuse throughout operations and those of there clients.
Cleanaway employs over 4,000 people from a wide range of cultures, educational and career backgrounds, and ages. They are actively promote equal opportunity and employ, train, develop and promote employees based on merit, according to their interests, skills and ability. They are committed to building a safe working environment and ensuring the well being of all employees.
How you apply
Cleanaway encourages and values diversity and inclusion. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Applicants for this role will be required to meet Cleanaway’s employment criteria which will include providing evidence of your right to work in Australia. Where relevant to the role, this may also include a satisfactory medical assessment with drug and alcohol testing, psychometric testing and the provision of a satisfactory Driving History from the relevant State Authority.
If this sounds like the opportunity you’ve been waiting for, please forward your resume and cover letter by clicking Apply Button.
Apply for Plant Operator Earthmoving Equipment QLD
Learn more about the Bowen Basin mining location.
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Caterpillar Haul truck 793
The 793F has a load cpacityof 226.8 ton (US) and a top speed of 60 kilometres an hour. It's a turbocharged air-to-air aftercooled diesel engine that has enhanced power management capability for maximum hauling performance. The C175-16 is a 16-cylinder, four-stroke design that uses long, effective power strokes for optimum efficiency.
The 793F, is an autonomous-driven truck. Over 100 793F trucks are now operating via Command for hauling, the Cat autonomous truck operations system, which is a part of Cat MineStar™
Read more about the CAT 793 automomous mining dump truck on our website.
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.