Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Plant Metallurgist – Cobar Mine NSW
CSA Mine is a high-grade underground copper mine located in Cobar, Central Western NSW. Employing over 300 people, CSA Mine is now searching for a new member to join the team.
CSA Mine is an underground mine operation with a unique high-grade copper ore body which is treated in a grinding-flotation-filtration process plant to produce a copper-silver concentrate. This operation is part of Glencore’s Australian Copper business group. Operation receives technical support from Glencore technology when required.
CSA’s location and roster offers an attractive lifestyle option. CSA Mine is located 14km north of Cobar in New South Wales and the role is residential on a 5:2 4:3 roster. This allows people to come back home every day living in a well resource town with a subsidized housing arrangement, access to the Cobar Memorial Swimming Pool, and access to gym facilities. Cobar is centrally located to a number of large regional towns and facilities.
They attract the best in the industry into teams as they trust people’s talent and support them in delivering benchmark results. They achieve this by offering an excellent remuneration package and benefits which includes above market superannuation, quarterly incentive bonuses, and professional development plans.
Reporting to the Metallurgy Superintendent you will be responsible for achieving the performance targets of the Concentrator plant, for implementing operational and metallurgical controls, and for delivering improvement projects.
- Analyse plant performance on a day-to-day basis and provide consistent technical direction to Production teams;
- Review and create metallurgical test programs and execute metallurgical audits in collaboration with Glencore Technology;
- Identify opportunities to improve performance of the Concentrator and submit improvement proposals to the Metallurgy Superintendent;
- Develop and deliver operational improvements, and support Projects team in the definition and commissioning of capital projects;
- Create production plans and perform metal accounting functions.
- Overriding commitment to safety and ability to perform in the role while behaving in line with Glencore values;
- Tertiary qualification in Metallurgy, Engineering or related field;
- 5+ years of operational experience working in base metals grinding-flotation operations;
- Proficiency in using MS Office software;
- Ability to work and influence Production and Maintenance teams.
Glencore is one of the world’s largest globally diversified natural resource companies and a major producer and marketer of more than 90 commodities. Their operations comprise around 150 mining and metallurgical sites, oil production assets and agricultural facilities – supported by a network of more than 90 offices located in over 50 countries.
They employ approximately 160,000 people including contractors and provide people with the opportunity to develop and grow their expertise and the confidence to grow their careers.
How to apply
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for Plant Metallurgist Cobar Underground Mine NSW