If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.This is a Bowen Basin job located in the Mackay & Coalfields area. Do you live close to this location, or are you willing to FIFO from within Queensland?
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Operator Maintainer (Mechanical) WCMG QLD
Operator Maintainer Mechanical Coal Mine Middlemount QLD
Energy Developments is an integrated energy company engaged in the development and management of an international portfolio of energy projects, with particular focus on renewable waste fuels, remote power station operations, Waste Coal Mine Gas projects and the rapidly expanding liquefied natural gas (LNG) industry.
Reporting to the Operations Supervisor WCMG, this position is located in the Bowen Basin and will be responsible for ensuring efficient operations of WCMG power stations within the Bowen Basin. It is a Fly In Fly Out role on an 8/6 roster from Brisbane.
In this role, the successful applicant will be required to perform in the following areas:
- Operating and maintaining gas fueled engines and power generation equipment
- Operating and maintaining associated ancillary plant equipment
- Perform regular inspection and maintenance of above equipment to a high standard
- Operating and monitoring advanced instrumentation and process control systems
- Monitor the power station process to ensure optimum output and security of supply
Essential requirements for the position include:
- Mechanical trade or certificate qualifications
- Current drivers license
- Demonstrated ability to work unsupervised in remote environments
- Troubleshooting and basic fault finding skills
- Strong working knowledge of power system and control circuitry
- Knowledge and understanding of process operations in power generation plants
- Demonstrated ability to work safely in a small team environment
Successful applicants will be required to undergo medical and background screening prior to commencement with EDL.
Please submit your resume in a MS Word format by clicking on the Apply button below. All applications are treated in the strictest of confidence and your details will not be forwarded to the company without gaining your prior consent. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contained in this ad.
Would you like to apply?
If you feel you have the required skills and are searching to join a professional team please Apply online now with an up to date CV.
Apply for Operator Maintainer Mechanical Coal Mine Middlemount QLD
About the Bowen Basin mining region, Queensland.
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers a total area of over 60,000 square kilometres and is located in Central Queensland; running from Collinsville to Theodore. The entire region is home to many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list