If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.
You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure what this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
Only applicants with real skills should apply. When sending in your application for the job, be sure to highlight the skills you have which are relevant.
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Latest Mining Jobs in Australia category.
Operator Jobs Curragh Coal Mine
$50 – $55.00 p.h. + Meals + Accommodation + Uniforms
The GO2 People are currently searching to employ multiple Multi Skilled (Haul truck, Dozer & Grader) to work at Curragh Coal Mine.
You will be working 12-12.5hr shifts on a rotating 7 & 7 roster – Day & Nights or days only. Our client is ideally searching for employees with a great attitude, strong work ethic and commitment to safety. Permanent positions are offered to suitable / high performing operators.
Requirements for this QLD mining job:
- Relevant RII competency or Training transcripts
- Previous experience in operating heavy earth moving equipment, preferably within a mining environment
- Current drivers’ licence
- Current QLD Coal Board Medical
- Standard 11 Induction Training Attainment
- The ability to pass a Pre-employment medical & DAS
- Ability to commute to and from site
Benefits of *Operator Jobs Curragh Coal Mine:
- Steady/stable work
- Weekly pay & Superannuation paid on all hours worked
- PPE supplied
- Accommodation & meals provided – Banksia village
- Attractive hourly rate
- Great site culture and high safety standards
- Flexible working roster – enables great work/life balance
- Ability to work a Day only roster or Days & Nights
About the company:
The GO2 People have built a reputation for our ability to provide quality project staffing solutions across a range of industry sectors and, as such, we have been involved in some of Australia’s largest projects in the construction, mining and resources sectors in recent years.
Our team has been strategically developed to ensure they take an innovative and proactive approach to securing the best talent in the market in a short period of time and, by doing so, providing the desired outcomes for both client and candidate.
Dump Truck Operator Salaries
How much do dump truck production operators earn in the mines?
Depending on where you live, or which state the mine is located in, as you can see from the information below, the salaries are very different. In Queensland and New South Wales, mining wages are pretty much the same for Dump Truck Operators. Working at a Western Australian mine you can expect to earn about 20% more than if you worked in QLD or NSW.
Dump truck operator jobs are advertised on SEEK and other mining jobs boards regularly.
According to online jobs website Indeed (au.indeed.com), the average salary for a Dump Truck Production Operator in Australia is $41.98 per hour. Salary estimates are based on 326 salaries submitted anonymously to Indeed by Dump Truck Drivers. The data was collected from past and present job ads on Indeed over the last 36 months.
Payscale.com Dump Truck Driver Pay Estimates
Looking at the salary of an entry-level Dump Truck Driver with less than 1 year experience, you can expect to earn an average hourly wage (includes bonus, and overtime pay) of AU$42 based on 24 pay reviews.
With so many different and conflicting articles about salaries, it's difficult to know what the exact take home pay is for a Dump Truck Operator.
Blackwater, Queensland Dump Truck Salaries +40%
According to Payscale.com, Dump Truck Operators in the Queensland Bowen Basin area of Blackwater, earn an average of 39.7% more than the national average. Dump Truck Operators also get more money in Western Australia (26.6% more) and Kalgoorlie (17.0% more). The lowest salaries can be found in Melbourne, Victoria (19.6% less), Brisbane, Queensland (16.2% less) and Sydney, New South Wales (14.3% less).
SEEK mining job salaries for dump truck production operators
What are dump truck operator employers looking for?
The following list is a collection of requirements you'll find in most advertised dump truckk operator jobs
- Experience operating CAT trucks
- A willingness to work rotating rosters
- Ability to contribute and work positively in a team environment
- Able to pass a pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol test
- Competitive Hourly Rate plus super on all hours worked
- Current Drivers Licence
- Current Standard 11 or willing to obtain a Standard 11
- Have a strong commitment to safety and Zero Harm and ensure this is a
- priority and at the forefront of all your decision-making
- Have a strong work history
- High level of safety awareness
- Relevant current RII Competencies
- Relevant RII/ SSE sign offs/ Competencies
- Right to work in Australia - Birth Certificate or Australian Passport
- Sound Work History
- Be reliable and a team player
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.