Operator: Blast Crew
This role is offered on an 8 days on 6 days off roster and would require the incumbent to be residential in Kambalda or Kalgoorlie.
Reporting to the Senior Shotfirer, you will be responsible for providing quality and timely blasting preparation services to prepare ore and waste rock for blasting.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Always act in a manner that seeks to enhance the safety culture and performance of GFA and ensures that the Vital Behaviours are adhered to at all times.
- Assisting the Shot firers to assemble position and detonate explosives to break or dislodge rock and soil.
- Prime, charge, stem and tie in blast patterns in a safe and efficient manner as instructed.
- Mark out drill patterns as instructed by the Shot Firer or Supervisor.
- Ensure all tasks related to explosives comply with the Mines Regulations, Dangerous goods Act and site specific procedures.
- Ensure explosives magazines are kept in a tidy state and daily usage records are up to date.
- Ensure production goals are achieved by working collaboratively with the mining team.
- Assist to maintain designated explosives storage areas in compliance to mining legislation.
Key factors to your success include:
- HR license is essential
- Dangerous Goods security card is essential
- WA Shot Firers Ticket (Restricted Minimum) would be highly regarded
- Minimum 1 year experience in Surface Mining operations in a similar position
- Evidence of safe surface mining practices
- Ability to complete repetitive tasks at a consistent standard
- Mechanically minded, understanding of machinery and demonstrated care of equipment would be desirable
- Apply First Aid certificate would be desirable
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
Give yourself every opportunity to get this job. If you are applying, don’t send in your normal resume and cover letter. Make sure your resume is edited to show requirements for this job, or your application could be automatically rejected.