The initial round of NSW mining job starts is set to commence on October 1st, 2013.
The Ever-changing Landscape of Mining Jobs Australia – Are You In The Loop?
Downer-EDI recently confirmed it received instructions via Idemitsu to fill NSW mining jobs – including 52 mining operators and 18 maintenance staff. Ads have been placed online and in local media outlets – with the aim to fill mining jobs in New South Wales. According to Downer-EDI the workforce is expected to expand to 320 workers.
A Perfect Example of How Quickly Things Can Turn Around for NSW Mining Jobs
Despite the recent controversy aroud Boggabri coal mine in May, NSW mining jobs are today on offer again, with movement ramping up again on the Boggabri Coal project and the mines total workforce now standing at 320+NSW mining jobs; there is hope for further jobs to be offered as time goes on.
As we have seen, with the mining and resources industry high wages and good earning potential is available, however the mining environment is ever-changing and if your wanting to maintain a career in mining – being adaptable to change with mine contractions and expansions is key to success.
This is a prime example of the kinds of changes that can occur on a mine site and for coal mining jobs in Australia – within just a couple of months the mine site is back up and running and looking to fill NSW mining jobs.
Boggabri Coal recently issued a statement claiming it will be “returning to more normal production after the impacts of the interruption to rail services in late 2012″Ě.
They have stated with the returning of production in the Boggabri mine, there will be a creation of new NSW mining jobs and new employment opportunities, with a focus on hiring local people from the Narrabri, Boggabri and Gunnedah communities.
Mine owner Idemitsu Coal has stated that Boggabri mine production targets will increase from 4.5 million tonnes per annum to 4.9 from the beginning of October 2013.
Downer EDI Mining
Downer EDI Mining is Australia`s most diversified mining contractor, with mining workers at around 60 projects in Australia. Its client base comprises a mix of local and international blue chip clients, including Fortescue Metals Group, Rio Tinto, AngloGold Ashanti, BHP Billiton, Wesfarmers Resources, BMA Coal, Codelco, Idemitsu Australia Resources, Ok Tedi Mining, Peabody Energy Australia and Solid Energy.
Downer EDI Mining provides services to metalliferous and coal mining companies at all stages, including;
- open-cut and underground mining;
- drill and blast and explosives manufacture and supply crushing;
- off-the-road tyre and rim management, mobile plant maintenance;
- mine planning and design;
- mine-related infrastructure development; and
To check out Downer jobs you can follow this link http://careers.downeredi.com/jobSearch.asp?stp=GW.
Steps we suggest you follow when applying for coal mining jobs in NSW
- Learn about safety and mining procedures by complete a Mining Induction course. This invaluable 2-3 day course focuses on OHS and gives you a ‘no frills’ overview of mining terminology, procedures, safety and compliance policies. All designed to keep you and other workers safe and more aware of hazardous situations.
- A current Coal Board Medical certificate is essential before you can get a start in the mines. The medical examination can be arranged at various locations across Australia.
- If you looking for machine operator jobs in the NSW mines, you may have to transfer your civil tickets to Black Coal Competencies.
Other steps we suggest (based on the success of others who have found NSW mining jobs) is having a mining focused resume prepared to give you a winning edge ahead of the hundreds of people applying “ď it really can help you land an interview.
We have a stack of great info on how to write a good mining resume as well as some fantastic must-know interview tips, to help you through the interview process.
Reference: NSW Mining Jobs at Boggabri Coal Mine