Nickel West Cliffs Technician Heavy Duty Diesel
The health and safety of there people and the host communities is a value that drives the way to work. Consolidated commitment to achieving the highest level of safety performance stands at the forefront of planning, actions and behaviours.
- Family friendly roster working 7 days on-6 days off, 7 nights on-8 days off roster
- Nickel West value and respect employees, offering an inclusive and diverse environment
- Competitive salary on offer plus 12% superannuation and a range of company benefits
Working in both the Mechanical Maintenance Workshop and underground, you will be responsible for preventative and breakdown maintenance of all underground and surface mobile equipment. Team members are expected to demonstrate focus on safety, achievement and team engagement in all aspects of their work. Opportunities to step up in a supervisory capacity and working with a friendly and engaging crew.
Skills and Requirements
- Trade Qualified Heavy Duty Diesel Mechanic
- Previous history working on Underground equipment such as Caterpillar Loaders, Atlas Copco MT6020 trucks and Sandvik & Atlas Copco drill rigs is preferred but not essential
- Electronic diagnostic tool exposure highly regarded
- Computer literacy and/or experience in 1SAP
- Experience in underground mining operations environment is highly desirable
- A current “C” Class driver’s license or national equivalent
- Overhead Crane, EWP and Forklift License
- Experience in stepping up to lead and support teams will be highly regarded but not essential
As part of the recruitment process for this position you may be required to undergo a pre-employment medical and participate in a background screen including a criminal history check, identity check and qualifications check.
Company Description – Nickel West
A member of the BHP Billiton Group, Nickel West produces nickel in-concentrate and has its operations located throughout Western Australia – comprising mines, concentrators, a smelter and a refinery.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
At BHP Billiton, they recognize that they are strengthened by diversity. They are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. They are an Equal Opportunity employer and to encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.
Nickel West Cliffs
Nickel West Cliffs is located approximately 375 kilometers north of Kalgoorlie in Western Australia. Cliffs underground Nickel Mine is an integral part of Nickel West Leinster comprising of a nickel concentrator and dryer, located 12 kilometers south of Nickel West Mt Keith. Employees at Cliffs reside at the Mt Keith village, some of the amenities at your disposal include internet connection, outdoor swimming pool, health and fitness equipment, indoor cricket, basketball court, BBQ areas plus and arrange of social activities.
How to apply
If you’re interested in this role, click ‘apply now‘ or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV.
Click Apply for Nickel West Cliffs Technician Heavy Duty Diesel – Western Australia