This is a Bowen Basin job located in the Mackay & Coalfields area. Do you live close to this location, or are you willing to FIFO from within Queensland?
You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure what this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
Only applicants with real skills should apply. When sending in your application for the job, be sure to highlight the skills you have which are relevant.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Multiskilled Operator Jobs Bowen Basin
Moorvale are seeking a large group of Operators for projects throughout the Bowen Basin. If you’re experienced in any of the below roles, be sure to shoot them over a resume!
Multiple roles on offer suited to local Moranbah and Coppabella residents include:
- Water Truck | Moxy | Multi Ticketed Operators
- Dozer | Scraper | Grader | Service Truck
Local Moranbah and Coppabella civil project packages to support family friendly Mon – Fri.
They are searching for a variety of Operators with the below experience:
Multi Ticketed Operators
- Possessing a combination of the following tickets compactor, dozer, excavator, tractor, grader, loader, roller, moxy, haul truck
- D6 / D8 Scrub clearing
- D10 / D11 Dozer Scraper Push
- D10/D11 Dozer Bulk Push
- Experience operating Cat 623, 631, 651, or twin powered 657 Scrapers
- Experience with using GPS guidance
All other Positions
- Have a strong industry background with a good underpinning foundation for specific skill sets
What you need to be successful:
- Hold a current Drivers Licence
- Have own reliable transport, as these roles are DIDO
- Current Coal Board Medical and Standard 11 Induction Training
- Relevant RII competencies Relevant RII competencies
- multi skilled operators are strongly encouraged to apply
- Appropriate mining industry experience
- Possession of Bowen Basin site inductions, is extremely advantageous
What they can offer you:
- Attractive hourly rates
- Various family friendly rosters
- Ongoing work that can lead to a Full-time opportunity, for the right applicant
- Accommodation and Meals provided whilst on-site
- Opportunity for growth and development
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) extended to your immediate family
About the Company:
Moorvale Earthmoving is a reputable civil construction contractor, with well-established connections in the Civil Construction and Mining Industries in Central Queensland.
About the Bowen Basin
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list
Caterpillar Haul truck 789
The Caterpillar 789 dump truck is typically used in open pit mining. The 789 has a capacity of 177 tonnes, and its engine can produce 1770 horsepower.
There are hundreds of CAT 789 dump trucks on various mine sites in Australia; working hard in open-cut coal mines as well as hauling raw iron ore dirt across the open, dusty mine sites of Western Australia.
Read more about the CAT 789 mining dump truck on our website.
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.