See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Multi-Skilled Heavy Dump Truck Operator
Reporting to the production superintendent, you will operate mobile plant equipment, consisting of CAT 789 and above and/or Hitachi 5500, 5600, 2500, 3600 Excavators.
As a key member of a high performing team, you will play an integral role in implementing the client’s production requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Operate mobile plant equipment, consisting of CAT 789 and above and/or Hitachi? ex 5500, 5600, 2500, 3600 Excavators.
- Work rotating 7/7 rosters at a mine site in the Bowen Basin
- Pre-start checks
- Maintain equipment
- Operate equipment safely
- Follow company policies and procedures
- Minimum 6 months mine experience
- Current Standard 11 Induction Training Induction
- Current Coal Board Medical – conducted within 2 years
- Current Driver’s License
- A willingness to work rotating rosters
- Ability to contribute and work positively in a team environment
- Sound Work History
- Competitive hourly rates with 6 monthly incentive bonuses
- 7/7 rotating rosters
- Meals and camp accommodation provided
- Bus in/out from Mackay and Rockhampton
- FIFO from Townsville available
WorkPac is Australia’s leading, privately owned recruitment provider to the mining, construction, engineering, oil and gas and healthcare sectors. They are proud to partner with some of the country’s leading companies to deliver rewarding career opportunities.
WorkPac have over 35 offices throughout Australia, this means you have the flexibility to work anywhere in Australia. Apply for ongoing access to a wide range of temporary and permanent jobs for all skill levels.
Apply Now for Dump Truck Operator Position
Click on the apply button or for more information please contact:
- Brook Newman- Recruitment Coordinator
- Moranbah Office? – (07) 4969 4750
If you feel you meet the above requirements, are keen to take on a new and exciting opportunity, and work for an employer that is committed to supporting your career then APPLY NOW.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for MultiSkilled Heavy Mobile Plant Dump Truck Operator FIFO QLD
Click Here to download our Expert Guide Becoming a Dump Truck Driver
About the Bowen Basin
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Caterpillar Haul truck 789
The Caterpillar 789 dump truck is typically used in open pit mining. The 789 has a capacity of 177 tonnes, and its engine can produce 1770 horsepower.
There are hundreds of CAT 789 dump trucks on various mine sites in Australia; working hard in open-cut coal mines as well as hauling raw iron ore dirt across the open, dusty mine sites of Western Australia.
Read more about the CAT 789 mining dump truck on our website.