This is a Bowen Basin job located in the Mackay & Coalfields area. Do you live close to this location, or are you willing to FIFO from within Queensland?
You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure what this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
Only applicants with real skills should apply. When sending in your application for the job, be sure to highlight the skills you have which are relevant.
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Multi Skilled Coal Mining Plant Operators Bowen Basin
Multi Skilled Coal Mining Heavy Mobile Plant Operators Queensland
The Hail Creek open cut coal mine in the Bowen Basin Region of Central Queensland, located 120 kilometers from Mackay, supplies up to eight million tonnes of hard coking coal to steel mills in Asia and Europe each year.
The Hail Creek Mine is an example of the company providing more than local employment opportunities but also ensuring economic growth for the area as it also works to create positive outcomes for the wider Mackay Region
About the Role
Opportunities exist for skilled and experienced Civil equipment operators for a 6 month minimum term contract to complete a Civil Construction Project on the Hail Creek mine site.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Operating 637 Scraper and or 12/14/16 Grader
- Work rotating life style roster
- Pre-start che Multi-skilled Civil Operators
Rio Tinto Coal Australia is a leading mining company in Australia with an established record for developing and managing world standard open cut, as well as underground, coal mines.
- 637 scraper essential 2 years minimum experience
- 12/14/16 grader essential 2 years minimum experience
- Loader, Dozer , Excavator skills advantageous
- Current Drivers License
- Current Coal Board Medical
- Current Standard 11 Induction Training
- High levels of initiative and the ability to work well under pressure
- Your key focus is safety with a high attention to detail to abide by site procedures
- Camp and meals provided
- Lifestyle Roster, Day shift only
- BIBO from Mackay day of Shift
WorkPac is Australia’s leading, privately owned recruitment provider to the mining, construction, engineering, oil and gas and healthcare sectors.
They are proud to partner with some of the country’s leading companies to deliver rewarding career opportunities. WorkPac have over 35 offices throughout Australia, this means you have the flexibility to work anywhere in Australia. Apply for ongoing access to a wide range of temporary and permanent jobs for all skill levels.
Click on the apply button or for more information please contact:
- Kelsey Hobson – Recruitment Coordinator
- (07) 4969 4706
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for Multi Skilled Coal Mining Heavy Mobile Plant Operators Queensland
About the Bowen Basin
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list