See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Mining Supervisor – Short Term Coverage
Motivated Mining Supervisor Coal Mine Lower Bowen Basin.WorkPac is currently seeking experienced and motivated Mining Supervisor for short term coverage for an Open Cut Coal Mine which is ramping up production in the Lower Bowen Basin.
About the Role
As a key member of a high performing team, you will play an integral role in implementing the client’s production requirements. This is a drive in drive out (DIDO) role for an open cut coal mine in the Lower Bowen Basin.
- ASAP Start – Short Term Coverage Approx 3 Months
- Work Lifestyle roster (4/5, 5/4, 5/5) including PJ Day
- LOCALITY ALLOWANCE – Paid Per Shift
- Minimum 12 months Mine Site Supervisor Experience
- Current RII’s/Site Skills List for Machinery Operated – Must be SSE/Delegate Signed.
- Current Drivers License
- Current Coal Board Medical or willing to Obtain
- Current Current Standard 11 Induction Training or willing to obtain
- Current Supervisor Qualifications – S1 S2 S3 and G2
NO accommodation is supplied but Housing Assistance is available on affordable fully furnished/self-contained units through the local real estate.
WorkPac is Australia’s leading, privately owned recruitment provider to the mining, construction, engineering, oil and gas and healthcare sectors. They are proud to partner with some of the country’s leading companies to deliver rewarding career opportunities. WorkPac have over 35 offices throughout Australia, this means you have the flexibility to work anywhere in Australia.Apply for ongoing access to a wide range of temporary and permanent jobs for all skill levels.
If you are searching for an exciting opportunity and to build a career in an innovative and dynamic organization, submit your resume by clicking on Apply Now below.
Apply for Motivated Mining Supervisor Coal Mine Lower Bowen Basin
Click on the apply button or for more information please contact:
- Teresa Morgan – Recruitment Coordinator
- Workpac Biloela
- 07 4800 3714 | email@example.com
About the Bowen Basin
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.