See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
MMU Operator Jobs Mackay & Coalfields
CoreStaff are hiring experienced MMU Operators for numerous mining sites across the Bowen Basin region.
Duties Include but are not limited to:
- Load explosives into Blast Holes
- Assist Shot Firers were required
- Mobile Mixing of Explosives
- Operator MMU Blast Heavy Rigid Vehicle
Successful Applicants have:
- Coal Board Medical and Standard 11 Induction Training
- Current SSAN Police Clearance
- Hold qualification RIIBLA203E – Conduct mobile mixing of explosives
- A strong commitment to safety and a solid understanding of risk awareness
- Valid HR Licence
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role
What’s on Offer:
- Various DIDO rosters
- Ongoing roles
- Excellent hourly rate
CoreStaff is part of the CGH Group, one of Australia’s leading providers of outsourced recruitment and human resources consulting solutions. As employer of choice, CoreStaff employs staff in the Mining, Resources, Energy and Construction sectors.
Founded in 2008, CoreStaff has grown rapidly from one branch in Darwin to having branches in every mainland capital city as well as a number of regional locations.
CoreStaff’s rapid success has been due to establishing:
- A team of highly experienced and motivated recruitment specialists
- A culture of working hard and having fun
- Sustainable partnerships
- Effective networks
- Accredited Quality, Safety and Environmental Management Systems
- A secure and robust information technology platform.
With offices located in Western Australia, South Australia, Queensland, New South Wales, and Victoria as well as the Northern Territory, CoreStaff is well positioned to offer their Clients local industry knowledge along with timely, efficient and cost effective recruitment solutions.
About the Bowen Basin
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.