You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure that this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Mining Trade Assistant Technician QLD
Mining Trade Assistant Technician Bowen Basin QLD
- Bowen Basin role
- Camp provided
- Greta rates + even timed roster
Chandler Macleod is a national and well recognized recruitment organization and they are always on the lookout for exceptional candidates to work . They are currently seeking experienced Trade Assistants for a major mining client in the Bowen Basin, reputed for its outstanding working environment and exciting job opportunities. The role offers a competitive remuneration package for the right candidate.
About the Role:
- Bowen Basin roles
- No induction costs
- Accommodation: Village Accommodation Provided
- Great rates+ even timed roster
Assist the trade technician, operate EWP, overhad and mobile cranes, wash equipment prior to maintenance, operate service truck to fill in pit fuel tanks, clean crib hut and other duties
To be successful for this role, you must have:
- Previous similar TA experience within mining
- Medium Vehicle, Forklift license, Franna, Overhead crane & Doggers, Bobcat tickets
Minimum Mandatory Documentation Required
- Coal board medical Section 4
- Standard 11 Induction Training Statement of Attainment
- Passport or (Birth certificate along with Drivers License)
- 2 x work referees
If you want to be part of a team with an excellent working culture and strong safety focus, please follow the link below to apply now!
Would you like to apply
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Submit an application for this position, use the Apply button below. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingClick Apply for Mining Trade Assistant Technician Bowen Basin QLD
About the Bowen Basin
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list