See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Mining Supervisor/OCE – NSW operation
Thiess is the world’s largest mining services provider. They offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. The life-of-mine insight, tailored approach and commitment to excellence keep at the leading edge…optimizing the mining value chain for each client.
They continue to drive innovation, through long-term relationships, so the clients are best positioned in a competitive global market.There people are central to success and are empowered to contribute their skills, knowledge and experience to continually exceed industry benchmarks. The culture is built on there Principles of Integrity, Accountability, Innovation and Delivery, underpinned by a commitment to safety in everything they do.
Mt Owen Coal Mine is located 25 km’s north-west of Singleton in the picturesque Hunter Valley; the Mount Owen Mine is Thiess’ largest NSW operation.
Reporting to the Mining Superintendent this role will see you fundamentally contributing to the success of the Production team on site.
Duties include, but not limited to:
- Champion for all safety management plans & procedures
- Effectively communicate with other departments
- Leadership and development of crew
- Ensure production targets are met
- Conduct toolbox talks and shift prestart talks
- Conduct statutory inspections of an open cut operation
You are a high achieving and focused OCE with previous experience in a similar role. You are committed to driving a high performing and inclusive team.
- NSW OCE Certificate of Competency
- Experience in leading a high performance team
- Commitment to HSEC
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work in a fluid/dynamic environment
- Ability to work in an adaptive team
- Experience with computer based data and management tools (e.g. Info mine)
When do you need to apply?
- This is an excellent opportunity for you to advance your career with a leading mining contractor. To apply for this role please follow the below link.
- Applications Close 5th November, 2017