Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Mining Engineer – Mid Term Planning Pajingo Gold mine
Minjar Gold Pty Ltd is an emerging gold producer with operations in Western Australia and North Queensland. With their parent company based in China, Minjar Gold has embarked on bold expansion plans as they seek to become a mid-tier gold producer in Australia.
Minjar Gold’s acquisition of the Pajingo Gold mine in North Queensland was an important step on their growth journey. The Pajingo mine is around 75km from Charters Towers and currently employs around 200 people to run the underground mining and ore processing operations. The site plans on commencing open pit operations during 2018, which will deliver a sharp increase in gold production.
Charters Towers is close to Townsville and the beauty of the Great Barrier Reef. It also offers excellent schooling opportunities and has all of the facilities you would expect for a large regional township.
Supporting current expansion strategy for the Pajingo Mine and reporting directly into the Senior Mine Planning Engineer, this role is responsible for the development and performance monitoring of the medium term mine plan.
On offer is a very competitive salary combined with a quarterly bonus scheme. This position is offered as either a residential position, FIFO from Brisbane or QLD Regional Centers, or DIDO from Townsville. Financial assistance may be negotiated to relocate to Charters Towers, QLD.
To be successful in this role you will possess the following skills, qualifications & personal attributes:
- Tertiary qualifications in Mining Engineering or similar
- At least 3 years’ experience in the mining industry in an underground role
- Solid understanding and ability of applying expertise and technology
- Delivering Results and meeting both internal and external stakeholder expectations
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills coupled with the ability to influence and negotiate
- Highly proficient in the use of Microsoft software
Duties and Responsibilities will include:
- Support both the medium term technical support to the mining operations team
- Maintain mining cost forecasts and recommend cost effectiveness and revenue-generating measures
- Provide medium-term technical and operational support to the Mining Department as well as technical guidance and optimization and expansion projects
- Develop, implement and monitor improvements to medium term technical standards and processes
- Consistently maintain a positive attitude towards safety in the work place and increase safety awareness, implement safety training and promotions and set an example for others
Minjar Gold offers a competitive salary and the opportunity to work within a growing company with strong values and a hardworking culture. Due to the high volume of applications expected they will only contact the most suitable candidates, however thank everyone in advance for taking the time to apply. Candidates must have the right to reside and work in Australia.
Please submit your resume in a MS Word format by clicking on the Apply button below. All applications are treated in the strictest of confidence and your details will not be forwarded to the company without gaining your prior consent. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contain.
How to apply
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Submit an application for this position, use the Apply button below. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for Mining Engineer – Mid Term Planning Brisbane Queensland