Mining Fixed Plant Maintenance Supervisor
About the role
Reporting to the Superintendent Maintenance, within the Yandi Fixed Plant Maintenance team you will be responsible for ensuring the safe execution of maintenance activities within the OHP, Train Loadout and other associated Fixed Plant equipment. Driving a culture change in Standardized work will be a key element of this role to support the overall business plan.
Additional duties include:
- Ensure conformance with the BHP Billiton Charter, the BHP Billiton Group Level Documents, Code of Conduct and relevant statutory obligations.
- An overriding commitment to health, safety, environment responsibility and sustainable development.
- Carry out responsibilities in a safe and efficient manner ensuring compliance with the BHPBIO Safety System.
- Oversee, direct and coordinate allocated personnel, including apprentices, OEMs and all other contractors, to ensure all tasks are performed in a safe and efficient manner.
- Participate in Safety System requirements such as auditing, inspections and CRM activities, Planned task observations, Critical Control Observations
- Manage all breakdowns across our fixed plant assets and respond according to priority.
- Maintain a knowledge and understanding of the costs of maintenance. Assist the Superintendent with budget and cost control processes by managing the day-to-day costs within agreed levels and reporting on overruns and underruns.
- In collaboration with Maintenance Superintendent, actively review the plans generated to ensure plans are logical and realistic. Plan and execute unscheduled work resulting from breakdown or backlog.
- Ensure all work is completed as scheduled to quality and safety standards and customer requirements. In collaboration with Maintenance Superintendent,
- Ensure data integrity by using the 1 SAP systems as the primary source of maintenance information.
- Ensure improvements to the quality of maintenance information by reporting inaccurate data and following through to ensure correction occurs and master data is updated.
- Ensure that monitoring tools such as KPIs and other standard measures are utilized to improve maintenance processes. Participate in equipment performance reviews and develop action plans to achieve improvements.
Mining Fixed Plant Maintenance Supervisor Western Australia
Supporting a diverse workforce
Reference ID – 63994They reserve the right to commence recruitment proceedings immediately.This opportunity is currently only open to employees working within Australia.Apply for Mining Fixed Plant Maintenance Supervisor Western Australia
Learn more about the Bowen Basin mining location.
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Caterpillar Haul truck 793
The 793F has a load cpacityof 226.8 ton (US) and a top speed of 60 kilometres an hour. It's a turbocharged air-to-air aftercooled diesel engine that has enhanced power management capability for maximum hauling performance. The C175-16 is a 16-cylinder, four-stroke design that uses long, effective power strokes for optimum efficiency.
The 793F, is an autonomous-driven truck. Over 100 793F trucks are now operating via Command for hauling, the Cat autonomous truck operations system, which is a part of Cat MineStar™
Read more about the CAT 793 automomous mining dump truck on our website.
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.