The client has an urgent need for Mining Engineer’s for a contract role. The position will be on a 10/4 Roster or residential on site 5/2 roster, FIFO from either Brisbane or Cairns available with a minimum 3 month duration starting ASAP.
The scope of work will include the following:
- Selecting engineering techniques to solve problems and making design recommendations
- Leading specific broad engineering assignments
- Preparing and reporting appropriate documentation for assigned projects
- Providing technical coaching to a small group of temporarily assigned and permanent engineers and technicians as and when required
- Ensuring successful completion of the assigned project phase within the budgeted time and cost constraints
- Participating with the delivery of the mid-term plans accurately, professionally and timely in each planning phase
To be considered for this position you will possess:
- Extensive experience in scheduling multiple mines to achieve planned grades and tonnages
- Experience in scheduling over short, medium and long term time frames
- Experience with truck and loader modelling and scenario work
- Mentoring and coaching skills to help train and develop junior engineers
- Degree qualifications in Mining Engineering or similar
- Extensive practical experience in a large open pit mining environment
- Understanding of the optimization methods and tools used in defining the optimum mining sequence
- Motivated by a desire to understand mining operation value levers and drive improvement
- A vision to be results oriented & schedule driven
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience with DataMine, XPAC and GIS.
NOTE: Did you know that your resume could automatically go into the bin if you don’t format it correctly. Recruiters these days use software to scan your resume for keywords they place in the job ad. This software tried to match up the words in the ad to the words in your resume. If there’s a mismatch – chances are your application will be ignored.
If you believe you have what it takes or would like some more information please call Dejan Spiroski on 92016222 or apply below
Click Apply for Mining Engineers 5/2 roster FIFO Brisbane