Qualified and Experienced Mining Engineer
Thiess is the world’s largest mining services provider. They offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. There life-of-mine insight, tailored approach and commitment to excellence keep at the leading edge…optimizing the mining value chain for each client.
They continue to drive innovation, through long-term relationships, so their clients are best positioned in a competitive global market. The people are central to the success and are empowered to contribute their skills, knowledge and experience to continually exceed industry benchmarks. The culture is built on Principles of Integrity, Accountability, Innovation and Delivery, underpinned by a commitment to safety in everything they do.
As there next Mining Engineer reporting to the Senior Mining Engineer, you will work collaboratively towards delivering high-quality solutions and results.
Some of your duties will include:
- Design and develop rolling weekly and 3 monthly excavator, drill and loading plans and schedules for the mining operation.
- Provide designs and any required design amendments to suit operational requirements and changes in geology
- Coordinate plans and schedules and monitoring of actual progress with operations group.
- Assist in the management of the weekly dig/drill plans and weekend plans with consultation of the Mining Superintendents and Mining Supervisors.
- Ensure implementation and compliance of the Weekly Plan and site Safety Health and Environmental standards to ensure safe and sustainable mine standards
- Generate mine plans and schedules that are in compliance within budget.
- Provide information to relevant staff to assist in the End of Month reporting requirements.
- Utilize in house software and data capture software to run reports as required
What skills and experience do you need?
- Prior experience working as a mining engineer on an operational open-cut mine
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in engineering
- Proficient in MS Office and mine design, planning and scheduling packages (Vulcan, Blast Logic, Spry, XACT)
- Planning, design and scheduling skills
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills
5/2 Roster – Monday to Friday
PLEASE NOTE: Did you know that your resume could automatically go into the bin if you don’t format it correctly. Recruiters these days use software to scan your resume for keywords they place in the job ad. This software tried to match up the words in the ad to the words in your resume. If there’s a mismatch – chances are your application will be ignored.
This job for Mining Engineer Underground Mining will possibly receive a lot of applicants. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contained in this ad.
Would you like to apply?
If you are looking for an exciting opportunity and to build a career in an innovative and dynamic organization, submit your resume by clicking on Apply Now below.
Click Apply for Mining Engineer Underground mining Australia QLD