The Adani Carmichael Mine Project Expression of Interest is now open!
There are around +5000 construction jobs and +4000 full-time jobs going at the mine.
Here is a list of the leading mining companies and companies who offer mining trainee-ships and mining apprenticeships. This list will give you a head start when looking for mining job opportunities with the big mining companies, however, we have discovered a better way for you to get to mining if you are a new starter or someone looking to transfer their trade skills into the mining and resource sector.
The top mining companies in Australia
- ADANI MINING
- BECHTEL (CSG-LNG Project Management)
- BHP BILLITON
- CUESTA COAL
- FORTESCUE METALS GROUP
- GLOUCESTER COAL (Middlemount)
- HANCOCK PROSPECTING
- INTERNATIONAL COAL
- RIO TINTO
- TINKLER GROUP PTY LTD
Checklist to begin your research on mining companies
Starting your search for ways to get into the mining and resource industry can be frustrating, so you need to be clear where to start and what you should be looking for. The checklist below will help you in your search for mining job opportunities by expanding your mining knowledge.
The more you know about the mining and resource sector in Australia, the more you know about the mining companies, the greater the chances of you landing a job – because you are aware of what is happening.
If you haven’t got your copy of the Mining Companies eBook, download it now.
- Find out where the mining companies are located
- Find out the history of the company
- Read their latest company announcements and news
- Discover where the latest mining activity is
- Find out what types of minerals they are mining
- Find out what sort of training you need
- Review the jobs they currently advertise on their website jobs board
- Prepare you resume to make it mining focused
Traineeships and Apprenticeships
Mining trainee and apprenticeships are offered by many of the top mining companies.