If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure what this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
This job asks for motivated people. How do you motivate yourself?
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Mechanical Trades Assistant
Full Time, Casual, Fremantle Based, Sultan Way Yard
Total AMS Pty Ltd (TAMS) is a dynamic marine and harbor services organization based in Fremantle. Services include work boat services, manning of vessels with qualified marine crew, commercial diving services, mooring equipment & installation, innovative marine logistics, construction, dredging and salvage project solutions and the supply of quality fibre rope products.
The role is to be responsible for assisting mechanical trades works. The role will be Monday to Friday with some Saturday work required depending on operational requirements.
Duties included but not limited to
- Assisting experienced personnel (Mechanical Fitters, Marine Engineers, Boilermakers) with vessel maintenance and repair works.
- Parts cleaning, surface preparation & painting of various vessel and machinery components
- General cleaning and tidying of workshop and yard space.
- Parts deliveries and pickups.
- Mechanical Aptitude
- Previous experience working in heavy industry, workshop environment (desirable)
- Willingness to listen and learn from experienced tradesmen and personnel
- Interest in commencing or continuing a career in the Marine industry
- Self-motivated and proactive with a hands on approach.
- Commitment to health, safety, community and environment.
- Basic computer aptitude (Microsoft Packages)
Must hold the below Licenses & Tickets
- C Class Drivers License (Essential)
- OHS / White Card (Essential)
- First Aid (Essential)
- HR Drivers License (Desirable)
- Forklift ticket (Desirable)
- Elevated Work Platform (Desirable)
- Confined Space Entry (Desirable)
- Working at Heights (Desirable)
- Rigging (Desirable)
- Dogging (Desirable)
Monday to Friday, with some Saturday work (8-10 hours per day). Work at other coastal bases as required based on 12 hour shifts.
All candidates must have the right to live and work in Australia and be prepared to undergo a pre-employment medical assessment.
If the above role appeals to you APPLY today!
This is an excellent opportunity for you to advance your career with a leading mining contractor. To apply for this role please follow the link below.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for Mechanical Trades Mining Assistant Boilermakers Fitters Perth