See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Maintenance Manager QLD Bowen Basin
Thiess is the world’s largest mining services provider. They also offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. There life-of-mine insight, tailored approach and commitment to excellence keep at the leading edge…optimizing the mining value chain for each client.
They also continue to drive innovation, through long-term relationships, so the clients are best positioned in a competitive global market. The people are central to success and are empowered to contribute their skills, knowledge and experience to continually exceed industry benchmarks. The culture is built on Principles of Integrity, Accountability, Innovation and Delivery, underpinned by a commitment to safety in everything they do.
Due to expected growth for Thiess in Queensland’s Bowen Basin for 2018 they have an opportunity available for a Maintenance Manager based in Mackay. This role will assist the Asset Operations Manager in managing maintenance across Thiess Queensland sites.
About the Role
You will possess a mechanical engineering trade or equivalent combined with 5+ years of proven experience in a mobile plant maintenance environment, including management of the onsite maintenance function. Maintenance planning and coordination of truck, excavator and dozer fleet maintenance is essential.
Relevant tertiary qualifications and proven open-cut experience are crucial for success within this challenging role. You will possess highly developed communication and cost management skills combined with a commitment to health, safety and the environment.
Some of your duties will include:
- Assist asset operations manager in managing maintenance across Thiess Queensland sites
- Manage equipment in offsite yards
- Building a strong and collaborative work team.
- Demonstrate and maintain a high standard of safety leadership.
- Drive a high-performance culture across the mine.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with relevant Stakeholders.
- Striving for continuous improvement and ensuring assets are managed effectively to achieve budget utilization rates across the mine as a minimum.
- Managing employment requirements including recruitment and retention of maintenance workforce
- Understanding and enforcing statutory compliance obligations.
Mechanical Mobile Plant Maintenance Manager QLD Bowen Basin
What skills and experience do you need?
- Mechanical Engineering Degree or Trade
- Extensive experience in a mobile plant maintenance environment
- Maintenance planning and coordination and exposure to Off Highway Truck, Excavator and Dozer fleet maintenance would be essential
- S1, S2, S3 and G2 suite of competencies
- Exposure to JDE Maintenance Management Application would be desirable
- Solid communication and problem solving skills
- Commitment to Health, Safety and Environment
5/2 site based work
How to Apply
If achieving success through people and bottom line results, and progressing your career is your passion, then consider joining a company that’s as excited about the important things as you are. Thiess strongly supports a culture of recognition, leadership development and offers a stimulating and satisfying work environment, so there is no better time to join Thiess.
Apply for Mechanical Mobile Plant Maintenance Manager-Bowen Basin
This is an excellent opportunity for you to advance your career with a leading mining contractor. To apply for this role please follow the below link.
About the Bowen Basin
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.