If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure what this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Maintenance / Reliability Engineer
Carpentaria Gold Pty Ltd (A subsidiary of Resolute Mining Ltd) operates a gold operation near Ravenswood, 120km south of Townsville and 90km east of Charters Towers. The operation consists of the Mt Wright underground mine, the Nolans East open pit and the Nolans processing plant.
Carpentaria Gold is pleased to offer an experienced, qualified professional, the opportunity to join the on-site Maintenance team in the role of Maintenance / Reliability Engineer.
About the role
As the successful applicant your primary duty will be to improve the overall availability of the Nolans processing plant and to assist in the design, organize and oversee the construction, operation and maintenance of mechanical and process plant and installations, establish programs for the coordination of manufacturing activities, and ensure usage of resources is cost effective.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Identify, develop & execute Proactive Maintenance Programs / Plans
- Minimize failures through root cause failure analysis and reliability centered maintenance activities
- Actively participating in improving the safety of maintenance operations in accordance with OH&S compliance
- Leading & supervising project maintenance teams
- Proactive condition based monitoring/predictive maintenance activities
- Managing Capital Projects including scheduling, cost estimates/tracking, approval justification, contract preparation and liaison with external consultants and contractors
- Driving continuous improvement and innovation across the maintenance department
- Scheduling preventative and predictive maintenance work plans and project work
- Maintaining the data in the CMMS system
- Estimating material costs and quantities for mechanical equipment and plant
- Track and provide meaningful measures to improve the maintenance planning department
- Pre-commissioning, performing and directing field tests
- Ensuring that designs and finished work are within specifications, regulations and contract provisions
Possession of the following skills and experience will be highly regarded:
- Extensive experience in a similar maintenance planning role within a Metallurgical Processing Plant
- Clear understanding of Reliability Excellence Model and working knowledge of reliability practices
- Conversant with Root Cause Analysis, Reliability Centered Maintenance and Failure Mode Effects Analysis
- Project management experience
- People leadership experience
- Team focused with strong communication and organizational skills
- Self-managing with strong decision making skills
- Experience with Integrated systems and Microsoft Office applications, or similar.
- A strong team approach, demonstrated strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to develop professional working relationships
- Ability to set priorities, attention to detail, manage competing demands to ensure objectives are met, problem solve, multi task and work in a rapidly changing environment
The Maintenance Reliability Engineer position will report directly to the Maintenance Manager.
The position offers a competitive salary package that will be negotiated on the basis of qualification and experience. The position will be offered on a Drive in / Drive out basis. Single person’s quarters are provided while on roster.
Conditions of employment will be discussed at interview. Written applications addressing the above criteria should be directed.
How to Apply
This is an excellent opportunity for you to advance your career with a leading mining contractor. To apply for this role please follow the link below.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for Experienced Mechanical Mining Maintenance Reliability Engineer QLD