If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Mechanical Engineer Jobs Gladstone
WorkPac are seeking an experienced Shutdown Mechanical Engineer for our client located in Gladstone, for a short term contract. The Shutdown Mechanical Engineer must have pressure and piping and pressure vessel design experience: AS1210, AME BPVC, ASME B31.3. as well as fitness for service assessment experience (eg. API579, ASME PCC-2) and in-service inspection experience (eg AS3788). Inductions are required to be completed on the 27th May
Key Accountabilities for Mechanical Engineer Jobs Gladstone include:
- Reviewing flaws identified from pressure vessel inspections and assessing fitness for service;
- Assist with Preparation of pressure equipment repair technical scopes of works;
- Fitness for service assessments;
- Pressure thickness calculations;
- Area replacement reinforcement calculations for pressure equipment nozzles;
- Scoping patch repairs in accordance with ASME post construction code;
- PSV removal and installation checks i.e correct PSV installed in correct location with correct set pressure;
- Attend pre starts, critical path, and engineering handover meetings;
- Pressure equipment and pipe spool fitness for service inspections (including flange face defect assessment and evaluate minimum wall thickness.
The ideal candidate will be interested in working for an organisation that embraces the diversity each person brings to the workplace. Our values of Safety and Operational Excellence will guide your decision making and interactions, while supporting you in generating innovative solutions. In addition, you will have:
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Bachelor of Engineering
- Must be either an Australian Citizen or a holder of an Australian permanent residency visa to be eligible to apply for this position