Mechanical Engineer Jobs Gladstone
WorkPac are seeking an experienced Shutdown Mechanical Engineer for our client located in Gladstone, for a short term contract. The Shutdown Mechanical Engineer must have pressure and piping and pressure vessel design experience: AS1210, AME BPVC, ASME B31.3. as well as fitness for service assessment experience (eg. API579, ASME PCC-2) and in-service inspection experience (eg AS3788). Inductions are required to be completed on the 27th May
Key Accountabilities for Mechanical Engineer Jobs Gladstone include:
- Reviewing flaws identified from pressure vessel inspections and assessing fitness for service;
- Assist with Preparation of pressure equipment repair technical scopes of works;
- Fitness for service assessments;
- Pressure thickness calculations;
- Area replacement reinforcement calculations for pressure equipment nozzles;
- Scoping patch repairs in accordance with ASME post construction code;
- PSV removal and installation checks i.e correct PSV installed in correct location with correct set pressure;
- Attend pre starts, critical path, and engineering handover meetings;
- Pressure equipment and pipe spool fitness for service inspections (including flange face defect assessment and evaluate minimum wall thickness.
The ideal candidate will be interested in working for an organisation that embraces the diversity each person brings to the workplace. Our values of Safety and Operational Excellence will guide your decision making and interactions, while supporting you in generating innovative solutions. In addition, you will have:
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Bachelor of Engineering
- Must be either an Australian Citizen or a holder of an Australian permanent residency visa to be eligible to apply for this position
Learn more about the Bowen Basin mining location.
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Caterpillar Haul truck 793
The 793F has a load cpacityof 226.8 ton (US) and a top speed of 60 kilometres an hour. It's a turbocharged air-to-air aftercooled diesel engine that has enhanced power management capability for maximum hauling performance. The C175-16 is a 16-cylinder, four-stroke design that uses long, effective power strokes for optimum efficiency.
The 793F, is an autonomous-driven truck. Over 100 793F trucks are now operating via Command for hauling, the Cat autonomous truck operations system, which is a part of Cat MineStar™
Read more about the CAT 793 automomous mining dump truck on our website.
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.