Material Handling Supervisor – Day shift
Volvo Group Australia is currently seeking a Material Handling Supervisor (Day shift) to join their Manufacturing Logistics department within Group Trucks Operations center. You will be responsible for planning and managing the warehouse effectively, ensuring stock accuracy and efficient issue of components to meet production requirements
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses the production of state-of-the-art products for the truck brands of the Volvo Group, as well as Volvo Group engines and transmissions, through an international world class industrial environment. With Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. They make there customers win.
About the role:
- Lead, motivate, encourage and manage performance of the team leaders and the wider team members
- Manage and coordinate the Warehouse employees across all shifts and employee life cycle
- Encourage and support a cross-functional way of working with all team members, logistics and other relevant stakeholders within the GTO Wacol Plant
- Monitor, promote and ensure Root Cause Analysis (RCA) of the cross functional teams is conducted within 24 hours to support continuous improvement in your area Ensure inventory accuracy and stock rotation
- Audit quality checks ensuring of commitment and compliance to the standard and policy of incoming and outgoing materials to the warehouse Maintain compliance with ISO9000 requirements
- Review and investigate unresolved faults documented according to procedure
- Follow correct procedures for handling stock movements
- Support and ensure long-term planning for Warehouse requirements
- Actively be involved in reporting and delivery of KPIs, and provide feedback to all team members
- Conduct a gap analysis of KPI current state and target state, and report to key stakeholders
- Foresee and overcome any obstacles or issues interrupting warehouse operations in your area
- Promote a safety and environment conscious way of working.
- Tertiary qualifications in Logistics/Warehouse Management/ Manufacturing (or similar) would be advantageous
- Extensive warehousing experience, preferably within a manufacturing MRP and JIT environment
- Experience in inventory control, cycle counting procedures, FIFO, stock obsolescence, receipt and dispatch systems
- Proven experience implementing process improvement initiatives
- Strong knowledge of warehousing Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills
- Excellent planning and organization skills
- Strong focus on Health, Safety and Environmental matters
- Excellent computer skills, including MS Office and logistics management systems
- Awareness of manufacturing operations and associated engineering design impacts
- Occasional travel may be required in this role.
- Career development with Global prospects
- Salary sacrifice fifth week of annual leave
- Service recognition
- Employee benefits and discounts from a large selection of Retailers
- Supportive and family-friendly team culture focused on diversity and equality
- A strong commitment to safety, quality and service
- A dedicated Wellness program with discounted Private Health Insurance & Dental
- Workplace Giving Program.
Volvo Group Trucks Operations
Encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group’s customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates.
In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead.
How to apply
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Submit an application for this position, use the Apply button below. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 *Standard 11 Training*.Click Apply for Material Handling Supervisor Trucks Operations Wacol QLD