Only applicants with real skills should apply. When sending in your application for the job, be sure to highlight the skills you have which are relevant.
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Maintenance Supervisor Jobs QLD
Yancoal are searching for Maintenance Supervisors for work out in Blackwater Queensland, 2 hours drive west of Rockhampton. If you’ve got your S1,S2, S3 and G2 competencies be sure to shoot them over a resume!
About the Job:
You will be required to supervise a crew and coordinate service activities relating to plant and mobile maintenance, including spare parts, wear components, system auditing, and fault finding. Working a 7:7 rotating day/night roster you will be provided with a competitive salary package.
- Sound communication, analytical and problem solving skills
- Computer literacy, MS Word and CMMS (SAP or Similar)
- Good fault finding skills on heavy mining equipment
- Ability to self-manage and priorities work load, while coaching and mentoring employees
- Ability to exercise initiative and work both independently and co-operatively as required
- Skilled in hazard identification and responsive to safety issues
- Previous experience in the supervision of employees within a mining maintenance team environment
- Proven experience with fault finding on heavy mining equipment including: electric and mechanical drive trucks and Caterpillar ancillary equipment
- Previous experience with Liebherr/ Komatsu Hydraulic Excavators will be highly regarded
- Previous Supervisor experience would be advantageous
- Trade qualification
- Supervisor Competencies (S1,S2, S3 and G2)
- Applicable Coal Competencies
- Current Standard 11 Induction Training Mine Induction (Surface) (mandatory)
- Current Queensland Driver’s licence (mandatory
Yancoal provides a range of benefits to appeal to the diverse needs of our employees. The following benefits are available to eligible salaried employees:
- 7:7 rotating Day/Night roster
- Corporate Subsidised Health Cover Premiums
- Salary Continuance and Life Insurance Cover
- Salary Sacrifice Options
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Educations Assistance
- Service Recognition
- Paid Parental Leave Provisions
About the Company:
Yancoal Australia is Australia’s largest pure play coal producer. It boasts three tier one thermal coal mines in New South Wales together with interests in three other metallurgical and thermal coal mines located in New South Wales and Queensland. Yancoal Australia also manages five other Australian coal mines on behalf of related parties. Yancoal currently employs over 3,000 people across its operations. At Yancoal our people are our most valuable asset and we invest in developing our management and leadership talent throughout our operations.