See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Mining Maintenance Planner Scheduler
They are a globally diversified mining and metals company with operations in Australia, South Africa and South America. Headquartered in Perth, Western Australia, securities for South32 trade on three exchanges, the Australian Securities exchange (ASX), Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE) and London Stock Exchange (LSE).
Purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people’s lives now and for generations to come.
People are central to success and demonstrate determination to be a best-in-class operator. They aspire to be an inclusive organization, where workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where operate.
GEMCO is one of the world’s largest manganese mining and concentrating operations located on Groote Eylandt in the Northern Territory, accounting for over 20% of the worlds’ high-grade manganese ore production. GEMCO controls and operates all aspects of mining, processing, logistics and shipping on Groote Eylandt.
Reporting to the Senior Maintenance Planner, the purpose of this role is to ensure that all routine maintenance activities for the specific area are appropriately planned and scheduled (resources, parts, equipment, and tooling) to allow the work to progress on schedule in a safe, efficient and repeatable manner.
Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Works safely within the South 32 Care Strategy including establishing and maintaining an interdependent safety culture within the team including the delivery of improvements in safety performance
- Creating, planning and Scheduling 1SAP work orders as per defined scope that enables effective deployment of work management resources, but not limited to personnel, service providers and materials.
- Clarifies scopes of work in notifications based on in-field assessments.
- Providing support to shutdown planning.
- Identifies and creates corrective / non-strategy task lists for reoccurring work to support effective planning and safe work execution.
- Initiating the operating standards, procedures and work instructions.
- Optimizing maintenance work strategies for the Operation / area of accountability.
- Validates work plans are in place for critical controls and monitors the effectiveness of the plans.
- Provides technical expertise to Execution to support work quality and safe execution of maintenance work.
- Validates the standardization of work instructions / procedures and strategies for similar assets.
- Controlling any backlog through the escalation of risk related to strategy work orders that have been delayed for execution for a significant period of time.
- Providing relevant information for the integrated operational look ahead.
- Consolidate and provide the 12-week schedule (weekly granularity) and a week plus 3 weekly work schedule (daily granularity) to relevant stakeholders.
- Uploading the weekly schedule into the weekly planning tool for equipment availability forecast.
The ideal candidate will be interested in working for an organization that embraces the diversity each person brings to the workplace.Values of Care, Trust, Togetherness and Excellence will guide your decision making and interactions, while supporting you in generating courageous solutions.
In addition, you should possess:
- A Trade Qualification is preferred for this role.
- Proven experience within a similar role within the mining industry is essential for success in this role.
- Extensive / expert level 1SAP / SAP experience
- Strong team player and communicator
What does South32 offer?
- Offered as full time FIFO role on an 7/7 roster from Cairns or Darwin, or on a Residential basis on Groote Eylandt.
- Superannuation Matching Contributions
- 26 Weeks paid and Career parental leave
- Education Development
- Employee Share Plan
- Competitive Salaries
- Attractive salary package
Always seeking people who share values to join the team. People are fundamental to success. They are focused on creating an inclusive workplace, with the right people in the right roles, who are engaged, empowered and appropriately rewarded.
They look forward to receiving your application and exploring this opportunity with you very soon.
South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
Would you like to apply?
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for Maintenance Planner Scheduler Mining Western Australia