Maintenance Coordinator – Blackwater Maintenance Support Crew
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight they work closely with customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Mining division is Australia’s leading diversified mining contractor. As part of this team you’ll join a group of innovative thinkers who work together to provide safe, ethical and environmentally conscious outcomes that exceed customer expectations.
Downer Mining is currently seeking an experienced and highly motivated Maintenance Coordinator to join expanding Blackwater Project on the Maintenance Support Crew.
Reporting to the Maintenance Superintendent (and providing coverage when applicable), you will be responsible for coordinating and prioritizing the day to day management of maintenance activities.
This will involve providing direction to maintenance crews, communicating/adhering to plans and schedules, comprising of job scoping, work order creations, labour allocation, material sourcing, job costing and reporting. You will play an integral part by implementing continuous improvement principles and ensuring optimal safety performance and productivity.
Your proficiency in maximizing contract profitability and sustainability together with managing multiple challenging priorities will determine your success in the role.
- Nationally recognized trade or tertiary qualifications within a Mechanical or Electrical capacity
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience in repairing and maintaining heavy mobile plant equipment
- Extensive leadership experience within a mining maintenance environment
- Current Mining Supervisor credentials (S1,2,3 & G2)
- Systems experience with 1SAP & AMT essential
- Robust commitment to safe work practices, compliance, continuous improvement & successful results
- Effective communication skills within a diverse environment
- Exceptional organizational skills with a flair to work well under pressure
In Return they Offer
- Lifestyle roster (4/5/5), Day Shift only
- Bus in/Bus out provided service from Rockhampton
- Camp accommodation or various housing allowances available
- Numerous financial, lifestyle, health & well being benefits including salary sacrifice options, novated leasing, discounts and support programs
- An opportunity to join a diverse and inclusive leading edge business
- Great systems, procedures, equipment and people
- Attractive & competitive remuneration package
- Zero Harm initiative: A genuine commitment to the health and safety of all employees
For further information or a confidential discussion, please contact Urima Meni on 07 3026 6646. If you are interested in this opportunity, please click the ‘Apply’ button.
Would you like to apply?
If you wish to apply please apply via the seek apply button! Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 *Standard 11 Training*Apply for Maintenance Heavy Mobile Mining Coordinator Blackwater Support
NOTE: This is a sample of the types of jobs you can do when you have attained pre-hospital health care qualifications. Each job requires different levels of education, experience and qualifications. Wherever possible, link to the courses we offer will be provided as links. We encourage you to continue to do your own research on the online jobs boards such as SEEK, Indeed and Jora.
Learn more about the Bowen Basin mining location.
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Caterpillar Haul truck 793
The 793F has a load cpacityof 226.8 ton (US) and a top speed of 60 kilometres an hour. It's a turbocharged air-to-air aftercooled diesel engine that has enhanced power management capability for maximum hauling performance. The C175-16 is a 16-cylinder, four-stroke design that uses long, effective power strokes for optimum efficiency.
The 793F, is an autonomous-driven truck. Over 100 793F trucks are now operating via Command for hauling, the Cat autonomous truck operations system, which is a part of Cat MineStar™
Read more about the CAT 793 automomous mining dump truck on our website.
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.