Maintenance Engineer – Fixed Plant
Maintenance Engineer Fixed Plant Global mining WA
- Work for a global mining organization
- Exceptional safety culture
- Residential role with attractive location benefits – Pannawonica
Their long history is filled with firsts. Developed some of the world’s largest and best quality mines and operations, and their people work in around 35 countries across six continents. Aluminum and copper, diamonds, gold and industrial minerals, iron ore, coal and uranium. You’ll find them in smartphones, planes, cars, hospitals and throughout your home.
They are looking for a Maintenance Engineer to support operations by providing technical expertise and support in the areas of maintenance, engineering, field execution / supervision and project delivery.
They are inviting you to be a part of a tightknit community and enjoy a residential lifestyle at Pannawonica. Located in the scenic Pilbara region and within close distance to the major center of Karratha, the vibrant town offers a sought-after lifestyle and affordable living in comfortable subsidized housing.
This is a great opportunity for you and your family to contribute to a unique community and enjoy a wide range of seasonal outdoor activities; allowing you to find the perfect balance between leisure and work. From the popular annual rodeo event to other regular social and cultural activities, local residents can make the most of modern amenities. The town of Pannawonica is supported by a resident doctor, excellent primary school, supermarket, and a local community gym and youth center.
What the role entails
This role is a great opportunity for a highly motivated individual with technical expertise to make improvements to the Mesa J Fixed Plant. Working a 5 days on, 2 off roster and reporting to the Superintendent Fixed Plant, you will be:
- Providing technical assistance to maintainers in regards to mechanical equipment
- Managing site based capital project delivery and interfacing with the central sustaining capital project teams
- Identifying and implementing initiatives to deliver significant improvements in safety, production and cost
- Performing root cause analysis and defect eliminations to improve the reliability of the plant equipment
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- A Bachelor of Engineering in Mechanical or similar
- A manual C Class drivers license
- Experience working in a fixed plant environment
- An ability to work cooperatively in a small team, demonstrating flexibility and adaptation
- Demonstrated experience in delivering continuous improvement initiatives and projects
- Experience in Defect Elimination processes and Root Cause Analysis
- Proven success in a bulk materials handling environment
It will also be beneficial if you have:
- Demonstrated knowledge of SAP or equivalent
Would you like to apply?
So if this sounds like you and the opportunity you are looking for, apply now.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.
Click Apply for Maintenance Engineer Fixed Plant Global mining WA
If you would like to know more about careers at Rio Tinto, you can like on Facebook, follow on Twitter or join on LinkedIn.