This is a Bowen Basin job located in the Mackay & Coalfields area. Do you live close to this location, or are you willing to FIFO from within Queensland?
You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure that this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Latest Mining Jobs in Australia category.
Mackay Underground Fitter Jobs QLD
$126K – $146K + Super + Bonus + Employee Benefits
Mastermyne are searching for underground fitters that hold their S1, S2, S3 qualifications, if this is you be sure to send over a resume!
- Future vacancies with long-term opportunities
- Underground Coal Mine Projects across Bowen Basin, QLD
- Development | Outbye | Conveyor Works
- Even Time Rosters | Camp & Meals provided
- Salary Sacrificing available
- Competitive wages + bonus schemes + employee benefits on offer
About Mackay Underground Fitter Jobs QLD:
They are seeking expressions of interest from experienced Underground Fitters for future vacancies across their projects in the Bowen Basin. Their Underground Fitters are required to deliver work that meets mine site and industry requirements. Identifying hazards and managing critical risk, whilst displaying good safety behaviour is paramount in these roles. It is an expectation you will challenge your peers to a higher standard.
Quality, respect, mateship and family hold true in their business and they only seek people aligned with these same values. Minimum skills and experience required for these roles include:
- Demonstrated underground coal mining experience with a focus on development, outbye and/or conveyor works
- Current Standard 11 Induction Training OR BMA induction Statement of Attainment
- Current QLD Coal Board Medical
- Relevant Trade Certificate
- DES / Brakes Testing Certificates
- RIIs or signed copies of training transcripts and/or authorisations
- S123 & G2 (Supervisory roles)
- Valid Driver’s Licence
What does Mackay Underground Fitter Jobs QLD offer:
Mastermyne is a high standard employer and the benefits of working for them extend way beyond your weekly salary. In addition to a competitive wage they can offer:
- Annual leave paid as if at work
- 100% reimbursement for the cost of approved courses and study
- Paid study days for university study
- Mastermyne tailored leadership programs
- Diploma Project Management
- Certificate IV Leadership
- Deputy Qualification
- 2 Year anniversary watch + gifts for additional years of service
- “Mum’s baby bonus” – 6 weeks wages helping Mum to cover costs during maternity leave and once they return to work
- “Dad’s new-arrival leave” – 4 days paid allowing Dad’s to spend time with their newborn without needing to use accrued annual or carers’ leave
- Flu immunisations
- Business improvement and innovation rewards
- Family Christmas parties & Employee Christmas gifts
- “Well Pay” – personal leave paid out on termination for employees on QLD and Illawarra Mining Projects
- Group Income Protection Insurance (discounted premiums for Mastermyne employees)
- Reimbursement for prescription safety glasses ($350)
- Salary Packaging & Motor Vehicle Novated Leasing
- Employee Assistance, well-being assistance that’s free for all the family
- Emergency shelter accommodation and paid domestic violence leave
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
Mastermyne was founded in Mackay in 1996 by two mates, Andrew Watts and Darren Hamblin, out the back of a ute and on the back of a belief that mining could be done better by being better.
Today, Mastermyne is one of Australian mining’s most trusted contractors. Spanning the east coast of Australia, their company is made up of people who share core values that create value for their employees, clients, communities and shareholders. They’ve proven that the Mastermyne Way goes a long way. It shapes their decisions, actions and behaviours. It’s what they stand for and it has helped us to become a company that people like to work for and stakeholders want to deal with.
About the Bowen Basin
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.